Using POST ACTION URL in Forms

ActiveCampaign has been brought up a couple times but no solutions.

I’m trying to send the data from the Webflow Form to ActiveCampaign WITHOUT using Zapier.
So, I set the form to POST and I input the form’s action URL (Similar to the way you’d do this for Mailchimp).

Problem is, when I click submit, all it does it redirect me to the admin area of ActiveCampaign, and still doesn’t send the data.

Anyone have luck with this method?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

@Bradpaulp were you able to figure this out?

@Jal10c As far as I can tell, without using Zapier you are going to have to use some sort of middleman app to pass the data between the two systems, otherwise you are going to publicly expose your API key, which isn’t a good thing to do.

Essentially using something like Heroku and a small Python script to receive a form post from Webflow, then authenticate with ActiveCampaign and post the data as JSON using the create/update contact api endpoint:

https://:account.api-us1.com/api/3/contact/sync

{
"contact": {
	"email": "jondoe@example.com",
	"firstName": "John",
	"lastName": "Doe",
	"phone": "7223224241"
}

}

You can find more info here: Overview

The simple solution is just to use Zapier, this is fairly easy to do otherwise, but definitely requires some dev knowledge.

I’ve got this to work successfully by just using the POST feature on the form. You have to make sure that each field ID and Name matches the ID and Name of the fields on the target form.

1 Like

Hey Jack (@jackwabbit)!

Can you kindly explain how you did this a little bit more?

How are you setting up the field IDs and names, etc.?

I have the same problem as the original poster, namely:

Problem is, when I click submit, all it does it redirect me to the admin area of ActiveCampaign, and still doesn’t send the data.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @crsmoore, sorry I actually don’t really remember. I believe I had dev help when I did it.

In my last reply, looks like I was sending form data from a webflow form, to a target form on another app/page.

Regarding the field IDs and names, we had to make sure that the field IDs and names on the target form matched the respective field ID/name on the Webflow form.

As mentioned above see

you would be best using a service to send the data (e.g. Zapier).

This video was helpful for me Submit Webflow Forms to Custom Backend!! (Native Form Error States) - YouTube

What happens when the form is submitted? In my case a new page is opened for the webhook, and after that I just see the JSON response, it doesn’t trigger a success in webflow itself.

2 Likes

Hey @miguelst I just posted a response to your thread that addresses your question here. See if it’s helpful or not: Webflow Form POST to Webhook shows JSON response instead of Success message - #2 by ChrisDrit