Unable to type in new integers in padding, margins

When selecting a DIV, say, and wanting to change the padding (or margin) via clicking the number and typing a new number, pressing Return does nothing. It reverts to what was already there.

Incidentally, clicking and dragging the padding widget does work.

Cheers.
—Tyler

Version of Safari: Version 12.0.1 (14606.2.104.1.1)

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

1 Like

Hi @TylerDunlap,

Thanks for posting about this - I wasn’t able to reproduce on my end and seems inserting manual values is working as expected:

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome for Developers

Thanks in advance!

Hi @TylerDunlap

Thanks again for posting about this issue.

After some further testing and research it looks like this is a known issue that affects padding/margin settings in Safari only.

Going forward, you can workaround this by using Chrome (we typically recommend using Chrome over other browsers), or you can confirm the padding/margin values by using the Ok button.

Our engineers are currently working on a Style Panel update and a fix for this issue will be included with it. I don’t have an exact time frame on when this will be live, but we’ll for sure keep you updated.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, gang. I’ll swallow the bitter Chrome pill for now.

Hi Nita, it’s in Safari. Chrome works okay.

1 Like

FWIW I am also experiencing this issue in Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit). Clicking the ‘Ok’ button does work, as Brando mentioned, but it doesn’t appear to be limited to Safari.

3 Likes

This is NOT limited to Safari. I am having the same problem all day in Chrome and it is driving me crazy. I am on a deadline for a client project that I cannot complete until this is resolved. Please help!

3 Likes

Also emailed support. Happened to me in Chrome today around the same time as the others.

1 Like

Same here. Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit), macOS Mojave. I didn’t managed to test this issue in windows’s chrome but probably it’s the same. Please fix this asap since it’s absolute time consuming to manually drag needed paddings, margins, etc…

1 Like

Same problem here. But honestly, it’s not that big a deal. I’m visually coding websites .01% more slowly now :joy:

Happy to help if there’s anything I can do!

Experiencing the same issue here - using Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit), in Windows 10.

HI @craig-mrare, @adamfox, @moofawsaw, @Spoonk, @DuncanHamra, and @ethan (whew, a lot of names :sweat_smile: )

Thank y’all so much for noting this. :bowing_man:

Yes, this is a known issue, and our engineers are actually actively looking into this for us.

Though we do not have a timeline on when the fix will be available, we’d be happy to let you know as soon as possible.

A temporary workaround is using the keyboard’s up/down arrow keys, or click+dragging within the Style Panel: Screen Recording 2019-01-04...

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the update :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.