Unable to link to a specific section on another page

Hello!

I’m having trouble linking my link block to a specific section on another page for my “Design Work” link on the top navigation .

I have followed the instruction from the “Section Links” tutorial of putting “#” after the url, followed by the element ID of that section but it just brings me to the page but not the section of the page.

May I seek some help on it please?

Thank you so much!

Here is my website’s link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/gangs-dynamite-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=gangs-dynamite-project&preview=4267b0dac24268e79ddc1e43e68f8ef1&pageId=5ebfccad4f989846ef46d21e&mode=preview

Hi and welcome to the forum :webflow_heart:

Try to publish your work and then test if it is work :slight_smile:

Hi @shokoaviv! Thank you so much for your reply.

I have tried publishing and it worked! However strangely, when I followed the section link tutorial and typed out the full URL with “#” and the section ID, it did not work (refer to below image)

And when i just typed “/#” followed by the section element ID (and in publish mode). it worked. Its quite strange that it is different from the tutorial… (see below image)

Thank you so much for your advice! Appreciate that you replied so quickly too :smile:

1 Like