Linking to section on another page not working

Hi There!

I’ve read the documentation for a link sending you to a certain section of a page, but I can’t get it to work. I also checked the forum and “thought” I found the answer, but that didn’t work either.

I want “who am I” in nav bar to send you back to the home page, at the #about section. I checked and the ID is there for that section.

I tried lots of different variants of the link url but none work on preview.
webflow.com/websitename.com/#about
webflow.com/websitename/#about
webflow.com/websitename/#about

https://websitename.com/#about
etc.
Maybe it has something to do with me being in design/preview mode, and won’t work until I export and publish on my hosting site.

Thanks in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only: [LINK]

It looks like it should work to me.
Publish your site to the free webflow domain option you get when publishing, then copy that homepage url, and put that before the #about (It’ll probably be something like jamieson-design-123456.webflow.io#about) …because it’s on your homepage, you won’t need the page title in the url.

You can very easily unpublish it if you don’t want people to see it.

Hope that helps

Hi Phil.
Thanks for helping me inch closer!

Now at least it is going to the home page. But it is not going to the beginning of the about section.
mysite.webflow.io#about take me to the top of the home page. Not the about section. So does mysite.webflow.io/#about.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

hmmmm…I know it shouldn’t make any difference, but I usually put IDs on the Section Divs, not the standard Divs…if that makes sense…maybe try the About ID on your About_Component section div instead :crossed_fingers:

Thanks. I found a way to make it a one page design, which is what I wanted in the first place, using data-scroll-time = 0. Still struggling with other issues, but links are now working on my one page. Thanks for your input and help.