Trouble Linking Navbar Links To My CMS Collections Pages

I would like to dynamically link all of my top and bottom navbar links that are category-specific (‘Photography’, ‘Videography’, ‘3D Virtual’ Tours and ‘Service Bundles’) straight to their respective category-level collections pages while maintaining the existing navbar styling I have on the site.

My understanding is that it’s possible to add a collection list to your navbar in order to dynamically link each navigation link to their respective category pages, however whenever I attempt to do this Webflow returns an error message that it’s not possible to do so.

What am I doing incorrectly? Would appreciate anyone’s help.

Thank you so much!

Matt

Read-only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/teammediaservices?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=teammediaservices&preview=e0955a33c48995173a8d5d0b42401ba1&pageId=5da7a0602e2b53cc7f3f1399&mode=preview

If you have your category as a reference collection that links somewhere it should be possible to do this. I’m not quite sure why it’s not working but I have to ask the question, why does it need to be dynamic? Why not just link there?

You may need to create a dynamic embed for the links though so that you could have domain.com/collecitonname/name but have a dynamic embed creating it where those elements would be chosen from the collection.

1 Like

@themikic provided a really wonderful solution.

Thank you for your thoughts as well @DFink!

Matt

1 Like