I’m still a little confused by something here. I was playing around with dynamic content and found it excellent for building some sites at a much faster rate. It also cuts down room for error and reduces time spent on adding content later on. But what if my client does not want any hand in the work? And all I want to do is use the dynamic content in the building process? The CMS content editor system for clients is great but I don’t want to pay for it and not use it, just to be able to build with dynamic content.
Can we please add dynamic content to the standard hosting rate? I don’t understand why a tool for the designer is now behind a second paywall. For example, this is probably the most expensive add on to allow build a blog or news feed.
I agree, I would love to use the CMS editor to build sites only and render them as static on export.
I want to use the new tools for building. But I do not always have the option to give the client a CMS editor account. So can I build a site with dynamic content on the standard hosting rate $5?
No. Here are the prices.
ON TOP OF YOUR PLAN PRICE (Free plan or Paid plan)
- it’s free to build a static website and host it on webflow.io domain
- it’s free to build a dynamic CMS website and host it on webflow.io domain
- it’s $5/month to build a static website and host it with your own domain name on Webflows’ CDN
- it’s free to build a static website and host it under your own domain on your own server
- it’s $20/month to build a dynamic CMS website and host it with your own domain name on Webflows’ CDN
So under the requirement of a custom domain, I must always consider a $20 hosting fee if I want to use dynamic tools for building the site. Even under the condition that I or the client do not wish to use an editor account with CMS GUI. That is quite the waste of a tool for creative purpose.