Site won't publish to custom domain

Hi folks,

It looks like everything is ok from the Webflow side when I publish to www.jyoc.co.za but it’s been 24 hours and the site still isn’t live. Is this the DNS update? Or is this something I’ll have to chase with the domain manager Xneelo?

I get this error message in Chrome:

"# This site can’t be reached

www.jyoc.co.za refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Cheers and thanks for helping a noob do a charity gig for people in need.

Jacqui

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Hey Emmanuel,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so - could you let me know the Domain/URL addresses? I’d be happy to take a look over how things are configured :slight_smile:

If the domain is connected and the site is showing as published successfully in WF, it’s likely that there are issues with your DNS records and Hosting Settings within WF are set up correctly by following these guides:

If these are all good, it may be that this is caused by some localised issues (such as Browser cache) as well - especially if you are visiting the domain frequently before/during/after updating DNS records. So it’s always worth trying to access the site from another Browser/Device/Network to try and isolate the issue too. You can also use Private Browsing methods and perform a Hard Refresh of your Browser to test too:

Let me know! Would be happy to help :raised_hands:

Hey @JaxFrost

Have you set the www version as the default in webflow settings?

I’d be willing to bet that is your issue. Webflow doesn’t seem to work with the root domain, therefore, you must set the www version as default.