Site Randomly Running Very Slow

Hello,

I went to my site today to access my Webflow site and noticed it was running very slowly in the browser. I tried using incognito/private browsing mode and it still had the same effect on both my desktop and phone. It is a CMS site which I know can sometimes slow things down, but it has been going remarkably slow just recently, though I hadn’t recently republished it or made changes. I did republish it just now just to see if that would fix anything and no luck. Any thoughts??

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/antioch-little-rock?preview=79e39ecfd2afcbd65b7cbacb64de951d

Great question @bobby.eller!

I was taking a look at your site and noticed that you have a 2.56MB photo used for the hero background image.

If you were to resize that image to something around 250kb or less it would drastically improve your site load speed and performance.

I resized the photo to just under 250kb which you can download here: resized-photo

There are many resources out there which you can use to resize your images other than image optimizing/editing tools like Photoshop or Lightroom.

Here are a few free image optimizing tools:

Thank you for getting back to me!

I realize image size can be a big factor, however that doesn’t explain why
there was suddenly a dramatic decrease in website performance with no
change of content. I’ve tried from many different platforms and none of
them load the entire site where you can click on the links within a few
minutes. I’m sure there’s more than just the content sizes right?

Also when I completely remove the picture from the site, it is still loading slowly and is unresponsive. That’s a great idea, but I don’t think image size is the issue.

@bobby.eller we identified an issue causing some latency with site load speeds and just pushed a fix! Your site should be loading quickly again after your next site publish.

Please let me know if this solves the issue! :bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.