Sharing/copying pages, elements, symbols, components, etc across projects

Could be a webflow wide repo for free accounts. Mashup components for designs :wink:

+1 vote from me as well; urgently needed to allow for a decent workflow …

any news if and when to expect it?

Hi

I have 4 different projects that all of them are sharing same footer (a complex one), can you please me what is the best way to pass my footer from one project to another?

Thanks

Hi @avif, thanks for your contribution to the wishlist and your feedback. At the moment, symbols can only be shared on pages in the same site. It is a good idea though to have those work across projects and sites. We want to make improvements in the area, so expect good things in the future related to this :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

3 Likes

Hi,
Can you please share some information about this kind of release? this is actually what stopping us from devoting our self to you system. (-:
Thanks

Hi @avif here’s some related info:

2 Likes

Hi,
is it going to be sson? Can you share your time frame for this task? for us it is very urgent to know the time.
Thanks

Hi @avif, we do not have an ETA yet for this item, but please do know, we understand this is a highly requested feature and as soon as there is an update, we will announce it. We appreciate your patience, we know it is hard to wait for new features, especially when they would be useful immediately.

How to transfer the Layout, Interactions - from one project to another in my account?

At the moment you can duplicate a project and start a new one using bits of the precedent, but there is no way to transfer structure, styles or interactions to another existing project.

You can also, if you have an organization plan, create projects and save them as templates that people in your organization team can use as templates.

Thanks for the answer! I’m more interested in the possibility of transfer of individual elements. It is a pity that such a possibility is not implemented :disappointed:

1 Like

You have to imagine what it would take for this to be possible… a possible nightmare with classes conflicts. You set common elments such as h, p etc on one site, differently on another. There’s a conflict. Many people here say it’s possible to add unique IDs to classes to avoid conflict, but then the CSS would inflate and the code would become messy. After having copied elements over and over from a site to another, you can easily see the picture.

Webflow isn’t different than hand-coded website on that matter. Try passing full structures with styles from a site to another… it’s delicate to do. and the result isn’t as clean as before. merging CSS, or piling CSS works, but it’s not as clean as having one user CSS. And then again, the more you do it, the messier it gets.

I’d like to be able to copy and paste structures, though.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, vincent ! But I would like to be able to embed ready elements to empty project at the beginning. Instead of doing them again (structure, style and interactions). This greatly simplify the process of creating a website, would avoid duplicates and save time

You could restrict copy-pasting to pages that share the same template. This would save the hard work of figuring out the class conflicts. It would make shipping the feature soon possible :smile:

1 Like

Hey @Sergey, for the sake of protyping without buying a plan, can I duplicate projects to create pages 1-2 in one site and pages 3-4 in another and then combine sites once I buy a plan? Or will I not be able to copy and paste site1 and site2 together? All the classes would be the same, just the content would be different. (sorry I’m really new to this)

1 Like

I’m yet another waiting for this. Tedious re-creating the same symbols every time.

1 Like

:thumbsup: +1 for this feature too!!!

Can’t wait at all … hope to get this major updated asap! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thus, we could fully devote ourshelves to Webflow.

Thanks for all the hard work from the Webflow staff members and all the support to the Webflow Team. :heart:

2 Likes

Excited for this! It would really help our organization scale with our use of Webflow.

3 Likes

:+1:

Any update on this topic?
I’d really like such a feature.

2 Likes

I too am very interested in this feature. Right now we only have one small team on web flow and are very happy, but with a feature like this I would be willing to move my entire firm to it. This would expedite many processes (which web flow already makes faster) and is top on my wish list. Any idea when it might be available?