Semi-visual interface for features pending development

There are a lot of functionalities in Webflow which are possible with custom code and not really difficult to implement but are poorly documented - e.g. adjusting scrolling speed for in-page links or linking to a specific tab in another page.

I had to search a lot to discover the custom code solutions and the information was scattered across forum threads and posts. At one point it looked much more complicated than it really was.

My suggestion is to have tutorials for such custom code solutions immediately available via “semi-visual” interface. What I mean is this: until we have those functionalities implemented to 100% visual interface, we could have the initial setting controls for them in the visual interface, leading to tutorials about custom code.

I know this sounds unintelligible. So let me explain it with examples:

a) adjusting scrolling speed for in-page links - when adjusting the settings for a given link in the Settings tab:
(1) you’d have a checkbox appear if you click on “A section in this page”;
(2) the checkbox would read “Adjust scrolling speed”;
(3) if you click the checkbox, a new browser tab would open, showing a tutorial how to set custom attributes for controlling scrolling speed.

b) linking to a specific tab in another page - when adjusting the settings for a given link in the Settings tab:
(1) you’d have a checkbox appear if you click on “A different page”;
(2) the checkbox would read “Link to a specific tab in a different page”
(3) if you click the checkbox, a new browser tab would open, showing a tutorial how to put custom code for linking to a specific tab.

c) etc.

I think this is a way to make the Webflow interface as easy as possible for non-programmers even while features are still under development.