Selling Subscriptions on a Webflow Site

Hey Girls and Boys,

I am part of a small startup that does something like dropbox (don’t want to bore you with the details. But dropbox is a good example. What we do is a bit different but you get the idea. It’s any SaaS model I think). But our app is not a webapp. it needs to be installed.

Point is… we want to sell subscriptions. I wondered how to do that within webflow. I probably need a service provider to that but I don’t know exactly. I know there is stuff for e-commerce out there like foxy.io or shopify. But isn’t that a bit overkill for what I am trying to achieve?

It would be nice if tracking via Google Analytics would also be possible.

Thank you very much for your help.

Love
Chriso

Without knowing in greater detail… what you really need…

• I wouldn’t anticipate any issues using Webflow or even the Webflow CMS to satisfy your requirements.

Everything you asked for appears to be do-able.

Perhaps if your site was membership-based… you might encounter some issues…

• but again… that’s without know your needs in more detail.

Which I’m not expecting to get.

We run several “subscription services”…

• all designed in Webflow and exported… to add features that are not available within Webflow.

Hi @chrisolinus
Josh from Foxy. Creating subscription products with Foxy / Webflow can be done pretty quickly and seamlessly. Also, we work nicely with Google Analytics for conversion tracking. We’re more than happy to walk you through things. Please message or email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Josh

Yes these are good suggestions. You will do either:

1. A membership script (PHP) as an embed for the page or entire site. It needs to be manage by you on your own server

2. A membership software on another vendor platform. You will designate domains on their system with an account.

3. An ecommerce platform with a membership plugin.

PRIMARY QUESTIONS BEFORE DECIDING
A. Will customers need to pay before receiving access?
B. Will paying customers need their own account? To manage email, subscription, etc.
C. How will you handle renewals? By calling you, email or will they do it themselves in an account?
D. How will you handle cancellations?
E. Access: Forgot username or password? Is this auto or will they contact you?
F. How will you limit fraud? Customers sharing access with each other.

Just a few key questions that can be a pain without a dedicated solution. Obviously, you want automation for as much as possible, and you can see how a script you manage, can be time consuming. However, software vendors aren’t silly, they know you need this functionality, so they charge for this stuff (Monthly).

I agree with @foxy and @Revolution, Webflow will handle the static part of the site, but you will need a script to trigger member access, because the site needs to talk to a live database before actions are taken on the site.

Hope this helps. If you need a list of vendors to get you started, shoot me a message. Take care.

@garymichael1313 This is crazy, but I can’t even figure out how to send you a private message. I’d love to talk more about setting up subscriptions, how can we do that?

@jakec my goto for this is MemberStack, here’s a quick video walkthrough of mine setting that up with Webflow:

@ChrisDrit 3% on top of Stripes 2.9% + 30cents is pretty steap…

I have a hard time believing anyone is happily paying that.

@ChrisDrit I could use one of their more expensive plans but isn’t $49/month a bit ridiculous when stripe supports recurring payments? Why can’t I just incorporate that functionality from stripe or from square or something? I guess the user accounts from memberstack are cool but still… they’re not essential for my use case.

Like shouldn’t there be a way to get someone signed up for subscription payments on a card processor and then they have to somehow cancel that through email or on the card processors website?

…ooff, I don’t know how to respond to all of that @jakec, either you see value in it or you don’t. At minimum I think it would be fair to quote all of their percentages which range from 0% to 3% on top (according to their site).

how can we do that?

Anywho… you asked for help. I’m giving you an answer for something I use, and love! Sorry it wasn’t the answer you were looking for :pray:

@ChrisDrit Haha I do appreciate the help man.

Do you know if my ‘users’ could all see slightly different content with MemberStack?

1 Like

Do you know if my ‘users’ could all see slightly different content with MemberStack?

Yes @jakec, I think you should take the time to educate yourself on what the one, two combo punch of Webflow + MemberStack delivers. Start by going through some of my videos (they’re quick & painless :wink:) to get an overview of what you can do. You can provide slightly different content in a variety of ways…