Selling digital items on website (not e-commerce site)

Hi All
When I built the site, I set it up as website (business plan), not e-commerce site (didn’t envisage this development)
I now want to add a marketplace for digital items.
Could I please get some recommendations on way forward?

1. CMS inside of webflow with gated content & downloads behind paywall (doable?)
  2. embed inside of webflow a third party store?
  3. build outside using glide, Notion->Super, or other (which?) and link to it from the webflow catalog
  4. divert to a digital store, like Gumroad or ThriveCart (other?) and pay commissions.
    Appreciate tips.
    Thanks!
    Alan
1 Like

Hi @arruga.
Josh with Foxy here. What you’re after is possible with our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow

• Sell any type of product (one-off, subscriptions, donations, digital, services, memberships, etc.)
  • Host downloads with Foxy, Amazon S3, your own services, etc
  • Paygate Webflow content/pages
  • Manage products with Webflow CMS (downgrade and save $$$)
  • Connect to 100+ gateways and payment methods
  • Multi-lingual support
  • Multi-currency support
  • Embed a customer portal to allow customers to manage their subscriptions/memberships, view order history, update billing, and more (all inside of your Webflow site)
  • Sell and accept gift cards
  • Powerful coupon and discount functionality
  • and more!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Sweet! Will have a look.
Can you give me a high-level summary of how this is different and it’d be better than a catalog on my site (CMS) with Stripe payment links?
Thanks!

Hi @arruga.
Face value, that’s going to be a custom setup that may or may not work how you want/need it to without some tinkering. We’ve integrated with Webflow for many years, have years of experience with the platform, and things just work.

In addition, you’re tied to Stripe. With Foxy, you can integrate with Stripe and 100+ other gateways and payment methods. Change gateways at any time without any downtime or custom setup needed.

Then there are various features that work with Webflow out of the box that don’t require any coding experience (customer portal for example).

No worries if Foxy’s not a good fit. The main thing is getting set up with the right tools and technologies for the job. Here to help if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like