Self-hosting + Forms

Hi y’all!

I’m having some issues with a newsletter form submission.

I’ve set up the form using the basic Webflow components, but since I’m hosting the project somewhere else than on the Webflow servers, the submissions doesn’t work when I upload to my own hosting.

I stumbled upon the thread:
https://discourse.webflow.com/t/forms-on-third-party-hosting/44927

And it says:
If you PUBLISH a website (url is: myproject.webflow.io)

• Webflow is hosting your website for free on a 3rd level domain.
    . (io is Level 1 / webflow is Level 2 / myproject is Level 3)
  • Webflow forms will work.

If you EXPORT a website (url is: myproject.com)

• Your are self-hosting
  • Webflow forms will work… as long as your don’t modify the wf-attributes I mentioned above.

The Webflow configurations are the same as above; the Webflow URL and the final URL match, so I can’t figure out where the issue is.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Bo

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

When hosting externally the form processing will not work since it does not exist on the server. The fact that you have a project on webflow.io is only relevant if the visitor is accessing the site hosted on webflow.io.

I think the confusion here is because I believe Webflow did used to handle form submissions for exported projects.

I can’t seem to find the source but I have it in my mind that this was changed a few years back - I assume after that quoted post was made.

Instead, you now have to have your own processor for sending mail. This can be done server-side however you want it to be done but you need to call it using the Action field in the form settings.

More info can be found here: Collect form submissions on exported sites | Webflow University

Oh shoot!

Thanks for the information, iratefox!