Selecting all the text of a form's Placeholder field in the pop up editor does not work properly

Upon loading a page in the designer, double clicking on a form field and selecting all the contents of a text box will not properly allow you to edit the contents of said text box. See here:

Notice the discrepancy that occurs when I selected everything in the Placeholder text box and type “name@company.com”. It does not replace the highlighted text, but rather appends it to the end. It displays appropriately in the text box, thus creating a confusing user experience.

Best,
Christopher

Hi @ctrav

Thanks for posting this, this does sound strange. However, I wasn’t able to replicate it.

Can you please provide more context so we can investigate the issue better.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? Is it in only one site? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page:
https://www.whatismybrowser.com?
There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Also, can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off.

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me.

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.