Right-click to "Create Symbol" missing on chrome

In the latest version of Chrome on Mac. It sure would be nice to create a symbol…

Hi @Cricitem

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior.

You can use “CMD+SHIFT+A” with an element selected to create a symbol as well.

Let me know if that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks for the short-cut.

1 Like

My pleasure!

For clarification on the issue, is the “Create symbol” option missing?

Or can you not get the context menu to drop down on right click?

All I get is the normal browser options on right-click.

Okay. Can you please record the behavior with Licecap or something similar?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean when you say I have to be hovered over the element. You can’t right-click on something

without hovering over an element…

Hey @Cricitem,

Context menu (the Webflow’s right-click menu) is only appearing when you’re on a canvas, which is the white middle-part. Settings panels, Navigator etc will trigger browser-default context menu on right-click.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Bart

Right-clicking over an element in the navigator doesn’t prompt the context menu. However if you right click over an element in the designer, you should get this context menu

https://cl.ly/2z2q210t3m3C/Screen%20Recording%202017-02-14%20at%2010.20%20AM.gif

Let me know if this is helpful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has it always been that way? I distinctly remember being able to duplicate/etc within the context menu.

If you’re targeting something within the canvas, how would you know for sure if you’re clicking on the container element or a filling element? Wouldn’t it be impossible to right-click on a container element if it is completely filled?

Yes, it’s always been like that.

Targeting anything with right-click is always going to trigger the node you’re hovering over, not the one you have selected.

There could be a situation as you described, that’s why for all the actions you can either use a different part of Designer, or a shortcut. In your case - Symbols - it’s CMD + SHIFT + A to create and unlink a symbol :slight_smile:

Bart

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.