I have to say I love Webflow and its intuitive drag and drop capabilities. In a short amount of time I was able to build a website but it appears I am slowing down in the way I am trying to implement certain features Ive come to expect from standard e-commerce websites.
I have to say it’s far from ready if you are competing with the other e-commerce platforms out there. But I get it Webflow is young so in time I know Webflow is a great investment for businesses down the road. Just give Webflow time it is going to rock. It will be the best tool for Marketing teams that will always be pumping out new creatives and implementation on websites without having much to rely on costly developers for implementation.
There are things that the e-commerce needs to have upon release, and that is the following:
- Size options
- Wholesale pricing
- Customized client access/login for normal retail customers vs wholesale buyers.
- Pricing to show before and sale price (side by side).
- Ability to schedule when sale prices or certain products go live and get brought down automatically. (There may be the possibility of too many to keep track if changes are done manually.)
- Ability to schedule when graphics ads / assets go live and get brought down automatically.
- Pop up windows for GDPR notice, newsletter subs, promos, etc.
- User reviews + star ratings
- Option for multiple product variants (parent with child variants in a product page).
- BIGGEST EVER: Ways to display multiple images of a product in a product page that is easy to setup via drag and drop.
As it stands the e-commerce setup is too simple beyond what some businesses would like to achieve. I get that tho it’s beta. I’ve not tested the back end such as tracking and processing orders, returns, cancellations, customer invoices, and email confirmations/receipts, but will get there soon. I’ve slowed down dramatically and is stuck trying to get certain effects and setup to happen because its not provided yet so I’m trying to come up with a creative way to implement them using the tools available so far, versus the drag and drop I’ve come to love about Webflow.
But hopefully this small feedback works. Love Webflow keep up the great work guys. You guys are next gen AAA CMS!