RESOLVED: Unable to delete symbol instance

Hi,

I made a Navigation Bar symbol and now I’m trying to delete it, but it’s difficult. Currently, I have 3 pages set up, shown here:

I had 3 different symbols created, and they were added to each of those pages:

I’ve gone through each of those pages and removed the ‘navbar’ symbol. That worked fine. However, when I go to fully delete the ‘navbar’ symbol I can’t, because it still shows there is ‘1 instance’. Where is it!?

If you notice my ‘top-links’ symbol is showing ‘4 instances’ when it should display 3, like the ‘footer’. I think that’s a clue. Does anybody have an idea how to go about finding these instances? I’ve re-logged into Webflow and cleared my browser cache just in case. I’m pulling my hair out. Thanks!

Share Link → https://preview.webflow.com/preview/coastal-waterslides-bounce-houses?preview=997cf8bb760e275b33f66544e887522c

1 Like

Confirmed a bug. I deleted everything from all pages, and the symbols and these styles still cannot be deleted.

If you have a previous backup/revision of the site before you deleted the Utility page, you can try restoring to that, deleting everything inside the Utility page before deleting the page itself.

1 Like

Hi there @jeffo, thanks for reporting this. There is an open issue at the moment where in some rare cases, a phantom symbol instance is observed.

I have updated the issue on this and as soon as there is more information, I will update this post immediately.

** Update @jeffo, the issue is still open at the moment, as soon as there is a fix for this, I will notify you immediately.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @jeffo

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Designer) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature?

Thanks in advance and standing by for your confirmation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.