Redirection from Non-www version to www version

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I looked up in the forum and I found out that now it is possible to do a 301 redirection directly with webflow (the idea is that google index your domain only once and doesnt see it as a duplicate).

Maybe this would be available one day, in the mean time, and only with people using GoDaddy (yes… sorry…) I can show you how I did it. I didn’t find the answer here so i’ll put it myself.

So this is the way I have configured it so the non-www address redirects to the www version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

1 Like

your tip came just in time. I was trying to figure out why the non www version of my site was going to the the webflow 404 page. made your change and everything seems to work now.

thanks!

@bryantay and @ollo We launched this feature early last week.

You can set a custom domain as Default in the Hosting tab in Webflow and all other domains will 301 redirect to that Default domain.

Oh sorry! I asked this last week and there was no answer! Maybe it’s new.

Thank excellent feature!

Hi @ollo, yes this is a new feature just released last week, great minds think alike :smile:

Let us know if you have any issues, we are here to help :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

1 Like

Hello @cyberdave and @thesergie,

I wanted to try the new 301 permanent redirection from Webflow so I put the default webflow configuration on my dns on GoDaddy and deleted the 301 forwarding .

I put as a default domain my domain www.webdivan.com so when you out the non-www version you get rdirected and this doesnt seem to work. Actually webdivan.com doesnt even work.

Could you check this please?

Thank you.

Edit: nevermind, already fixed it!

Hi @ollo, good to hear you got it working, let us know me know if there is any further issue and and I am happy to go take a look :smile:

Cheers, Dave