Problems with slide images loading

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sallys-fantastic-site-eebf12?preview=3865b139c932e30c2b39dd80ebadf999

Hi - sure this is very basic (I am a very much a learner here!), but my three images in my slide don’t load immediately correctly on my slide (one out of order and tiled).

It is just a temporary problem, the images sort themselves out once fully loaded and the user has clicked through a couple of times.

With thanks

Sally

1 Like

Hello and Welcome!

This is a simple fix :slight_smile:
You’re slowing things down. The first .jpg in your slider is 1.24mb and the second is 2.96mb.
Use something like Imageoptimizer.net (a free compression tool)
Leave the max width/height at the default settings on imageoptimizer.net, upload your image and compress it.

Replace your current images with the compressed images. This should fix your issue. Also, make sure whatever is in the background of your slider (showing up before your images load) is removed unless it’s necessary.

Make sure any images/video you upload to your site are optimized and compressed. For background videos, I like to use clipchamp.com

This should speed everything up for you :slight_smile:

• Scott

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.