Portfolio Site Build

Hi,

I just started building my portfolio site with a template but I am beginning to wonder if I have it even set up correctly… Here is a general idea of how I want things to layout:

Homepage - has all my work categories, some go straight to 1 work and then some go to another page of categories. For example, I have a social media block on my homepage that goes straight to the work I did, but I also have a block of Digital Marketing that needs to be a page of another set of categories (Web campaigns, email marketing, landing pages) and those pages lead to the actual work… So how would I set that up? Does Digital Marketing need to be it’s own collection with those projects it in? If so, how do I link the digital marketing homepage block to that new collection?

Best,
Erika

Here is my site Read-Only:

Webflow - Erika Cohn

hi @escohn you have ansvered your self with question.

1. in CMS add new collection “categories”
  2. add new “reference” field in all your current collections
  3. in template set filter “category is current Category”

This mean you do not need many collections only one called eg “my work” and in each new “article” set category to belongs to.

This is your starting point. I will recommend visit Webflow University as they have generous series of tutorials how to work with this platform or visit “Made in Webflow” to find some examples.