Polyflow translations

Hello, I have a question. We have a couple of static pages in two languages, but now we realized that we need more languages so we would like to use for that Polyflow (weglot is too expensive for us :frowning: ) .
I’m wondering how to do this in a proper way - for current sites that are translated ( we duplicated the pages and they are in folders like /en , /pl, etc.) Should we delete those pages and translate them with polyflow? What about the URLs? We have a first position in Google for a couple of pages, and we won’t lose it. I appreciate any advance. I haven’t used any translation tool for webflow so far.

Hi Pauli,

I’d approach a situation like this as a site-swap.

PREPARATION

• Clone your current site
  • Integrate Polyflow, move your translated content over, get everything setup
  • Work out any URL changes you need to accommodate ( compare the sitemap.xml’s, and prepare your redirects for loading ) **

DEPLOYMENT
Then, when everything is ready, bring the new site live;

• Add the paid site plan
  • Remove your custom domains from the old site
  • Add them to your new site
  • Cancel hosting on your old site

And you’re done. Google, and visitors won’t see any interruption or discontinuity, and your new tech stack is ready to go for the future.

Two problems;

• You’ll lose a few $ of hosting remaining on the old site plan, since you’re cancelling it mid-month. If you contact Webflow support, they’re quite helpful with this.
  • Moving target. If your main site is continually changing, you have a moving-target problem. Ideally you want to “freeze” changes to the main site during the preparation phase, and slam through that process in a couple of days max. Otherwise you’re updating 2 sites during that transition, which is difficult and time-consuming.

Polyflow is quite new, but I’m very impressed with the design. They did a lot of things really right there, at a deep level. You should get great results with it, but please share what you find with it as well, I’m keen to know.

** On the path mapping step, PM me if you want help with that. I do that work for clients often.

Hi Paulina, nice to meet you! This is Jesus from the Polyflow team. If you ever need anything, please feel free to ask me: jesus@polyflow.co I’ll be happy to help you and the team will be happy to have you on board!

Regarding your question: you can duplicate your project and translate it, or you can also just sync your main project and work in the staging environment that we offer. Do not worry about URLs structure, you’ll be able to keep the same and also redirections if needed.

Hope it helps!

Polyflow is quite new, but I’m very impressed with the design. They did a lot of things really right there, at a deep level. You should get great results with it, but please share what you find with it as well, I’m keen to know.

Thank you very much Michael, would be nice to have you on board as a partner, we are working hard to deliver an amazing product and we really appreciate feedback and suggestions from the community :smiley:

Hey! Thanks a lot for your reply, the solution worked for us, however, we tried Polyflow, and unfortunately we need to look for another solution :frowning: Our site is too complicated for that with a lot of fancy design and some styles don’t work on translated sites. But I keep my fingers crossed for Polyflow, overall a really nice and easy-to-set-up tool!

Hi, I am trying out Polyflow for the first time, but I find it impossible to set the DNS records right. The tutorial that is from Polyflow is missing a lot of steps, I feel like for example, Weglot is much easier to follow… Do you guys have any experience, with how to set it the right way, so it would work?

Hi Iva what’s your domain?
I think Polyflow needs a CNAME, an A and an AAAA record.

It looks like the configurator gives you the settings specifically for each domain you want to add ( in the video here ).

Hi! I’ve just try to sync my website to Polyflow but I’ve got an error… Can someone help me??

Here’s my read-only link : Webflow - Citadelle

I have the same issue. I tried to contact support via provided email a few days ago, but nobody responded. I also tried to contact the developers on Twitter, but also without response.