Paginating Dynamic Lists

Hello guys, I am working with a client that makes about ten posts a per day.
So you can image the amount of pages that I have to create
I really hope this feature comes up soon… :persevere:

4 Likes

I’m also losing a specific group of clients who are very active with blogging or posting articles. These people can’t decide to use Webflow because they can’t build “archives”. When you create 5 blog posts a day, I can imagine why NOT to use Webflow currently. There’s no pagination or archive at all available.

Manual pagination is not an option.

We really need this!

9 Likes

I don’t suppose we have an ETA on this yet?
I’m currently discussing building with a client similar to @rowan, and proper pagination will be a deciding factor on whether or not I can use webflow for this project.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think that the Webflow team will ever give ETAs on features in development. It makes sense from their point of view but is a little frustrating from our perspective. The most I have seen is the “This feature is currently in development” message which means you can expect it in a future release which is better than nothing I suppose :slightly_smiling:

I really hope this feature is still currently being development with some priority given to it. Since the last word from Webflow was that it is in development, I trust we will see this feature when it is ready.

3 Likes

Any update on this pagination feature ? Really looking forward into it !!

5 Likes

I might be missing something, but I believe by using Tabs + Dynamic Lists + Webflow CMS Filters is the solution to this problem. I outline how you can easily accomplish pagination at this post.

Yeah, @ctrav. I’ve used sliders: https://www.progress.org/

However, some people have hundreds upon hundreds of entries (we do, too, actually), so manually creating new chunks isn’t going to do it.

2 Likes

Webflow live workshops continually repeat that Webflow is better than Wordpress. In many ways I agree - I actually love Webflow, but I don’t understand why they insist on repeating the reasons that make Webflow better than Wordpress. At the end of the day you can’t even create a simple blog without doing a Macgyver on it.

2 Likes

To make things worse, they are repeating this message to the wrong audience - already converted Webflow users.

2 Likes

Support pagination. How could she not be?! All twig-like cms easily have pagination. This feature is one of the…required , such as the search on the site for example. So?

2 Likes

Agree, this is one of several features that I need in the majority of clients.

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

I’m looking to take on a new client who wants to create an editorial based website and pagination is so important for this as she wants to post many articles each day. I’ve just spent a lot of time showing her the benefits of Webflow vs Wordpress so I don’t want to have to use Wordpress for this project. Have you got an eta on this?

Thanks

2 Likes

@thesergie @PixelGeek any news?? We are still waiting your feedback guys… As you can see this is an important feature for many of Webflow users. Hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Here it is in Webflow annoying. The unknown, what steps will be next, what new paid features (advertised on webflow other partners) we will see ))). Maybe the pagination is prepared in cooperation with the future ecommerce system, there is without this feature, exactly as.

Nothing personal, as time goes on…

I apologize for the harshness… I’m actually good)))

I love Google translate :joy:

1 Like

Hey all, I know its frustrating to wait on a feature that feels very important to you and your clients. In fact since we use Webflow ourselves we feel the same pain of not having a feature. There are so many features that feel “very important” that we are clamoring to implement. Sometimes they are technically challenging (pagination being one of them) and they require refactoring of our original code. This takes time. We’re trying not to provide ETA’s so that there aren’t any unrealistic expectations.

We do plan on implementing this feature and so many other features that our community requests, but it will take time. Thanks for being patient with us. I know it’s not ideal, but for now we’ll all have to hack pagination with the “Limit” functionality.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering and maybe you can’t gives an ETA but what about a place where WF users can see something like:

• Refactoring original code
  • Pagination in the works
  • Hire button removed

And even better a blog post about the current state of wf and what’s coming. I see features request that have more than a year and no updates and we know that takes time but sometimes you make us feel disappointed. Remember that happy costumers attracts 30 million investmenst :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All we ask is a honest webflow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d prefer them to keep focused on coding rather than adding all kinds of project management tasks to their plate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very sad! Waiting but looking for others apps to solve this.

1 Like

Yes, we need this guys!

3 Likes