Page speed reduced

Hey,

I am having the same issues as a few other people appear to have… definitely has changed significantly in the last few days… any chance someone can check out what i could fix…

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @finlayconn I ran a test on your site through Pingdom and found that there are some very large images used on your home page: Website Speed Test | Pingdom Tools

Looks like this photo alone was 2.3MB and is a background image so it’s run through our responsive image convertor yet:

I would recommend considering using inline images for those and cropping them each at the same specific dimensions to make sure that you’re able to utilize Responsive Images on the site: Responsive Images | Webflow

Also if you view the report from Pingdom you’ll see which other files are taking the longest to load and can be resized quite easily.

There are many resources out there which you can use to resize your images other than image optimizing/editing tools like Photoshop or Lightroom.

Here are a few free image optimizing tools:

https://tinypng.com/

I hope that this is helpful! :bowing_man:

Amazing. Thanks mate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.