Not able to scroll down completely on mobile devices

Hello Guys,

@Martino, @Louise_Hou, @mfajnberg, this seems to be a weird issue, I have seen many issues like this one on the forum so, have you guys contacted support yet? Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University Maybe someone from the webflow staff can help you better. Please share on the forum if you find an answer.

1 Like

Hi Pablo,

I just send a request to Support - I hope they will be able to fix this problem. I my case it happens in my shop, the only place that it cannot happen as people will get annoyed and leave without buying anything.

I hope they will get back soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Louise_Hou, we in the customer support team are taking a look at this, and will reply as soon as we have an update. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yeah, Jörn wrote me an email as well - I really appreciate :slight_smile:

Hi @Louise_Hou, could I ask again, what browser you are using with iphone x? I tested in android and ios on different devices on the url: Shop

Here is the footer I see, which seems to match what is in the designer:
Shared with CloudApp

Is there another url that is having the issue?

@mfajnberg and @Martino, are you still experiencing issues with the scrolling as well?

Thanks in advance.

I am using the standard Safari browser :slight_smile:

It is not the footer which is the problem, it’s the bouncing/ not smooth scrolling? I was told that the European support team is working in this and that they will get back to me as soon as they have investigated the issue. Should we try to keep communication in one place?

Don’t know if this might help with some insights but I had the same problem with a site as well. Figured out it was likely because I had put a 70px margin on the top of the header image (had a 70px hight navbar that was in a fixed position so wanted the header image “below” the navbar) on mobile that pushed all the content of the page down which somehow made the 70px of the bottom of the page inaccessible, my workaround was to add 70px bottom margin to the footer and then it looked like it should.

1 Like

Hi @Louise_Hou, thanks, yes, Jörn showed me the issue more clearly, we are taking a look, that is strange behavior for sure. I will post back when we have an update. Thanks for bring this to our attention.

1 Like

Hi @ceciliajonsson, thanks, that is something I am looking into also, the weird part for me is the funny touch behavior that somehow breaks the default scroll behavior

I really appreciate the input, we are helping to check those and see what is the common denominator.

1 Like

Hi

As I was testing one of the sites just now with this issue I suddenly couldn’t reproduce this anymore.

Can you confirm that it’s working or still not working for you after a refresh?

Thanks

1 Like

EDIT:

Hey guys, yes the issue still persists as described by Martino in the first post.

I’d like to point out that when scrolling all the way down to the bottom in the Designer - in Mobile landscape & portrait mode - there is a subtle but slabby slowing down effect, when scrolling in the very last portion of the page. Maybe that’ got something to do with it.

This is not the case in @Martino’s preview link. I’d love to check out his published site.

Also I tested Louise’s shop on my phone [bq Aquaris X2 ; Google Chrome] and haven’t found any issue, certainly not one related to this thread.

Hope you will fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Hi, In my case it was fixed after I changed a form on the site. I had both a contact and a newsletter form. When I removed the contact form on a page that did not have anything to do with ny shop. The problem was gone all of a sudden. I don’t know why.

1 Like

Do you know how I can do this? @cyberdave :slight_smile:

1 Like

guys come on :smiley:

Hi @mfajnberg, @Louise_Hou, @Pablo_Cortes and @Martino, thanks for hanging in there.

I have been doing a lot of testing and have found that the issue affects to sites where a slider has been put into a form, and on the slider there are Legacy interactions in use.

I would check pages having the issue to see if there are any forms having sliders with either:

1. a legacy interaction applied to the main slider element
  2. a legacy interaction applied to a slide element

If you find a legacy interaction assigned to the Slider element, then remove that, republish and re-check if the issue still occur.

If the issue still occur, then remove all legacy interactions from the slider, republish and re-test.

If the issue still persist, it may be necessary to remove the form entirely as
@Louise_Hou had done earlier (it may be that there was a slider with interactions).

I would also note that Legacy Interactions are no longer updated, so if possible, I would switch to using Interactions 2.0. This will also help to prepare once Legacy Interactions is announced to be removed in the future.

Let me know if any questions.

1 Like

I found what seems to have been the cause:

The last section in the bottom had columns in it.
The section was set on Flex Layout.
I set the section to Block.
Bouncing issue - gone.

Maybe this will help somebody someday lol.

Sitting with the same issue here. However it only affects one page of the site, the homepage.

Solution (for me):

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.