Need help making a Comic Reader

So I know next to nothing about coding, but I’m using Webflopw to make a website to post my webcomics on, but in order to get past the 100 static page/10,000 CMS item limit, I want to have each issue of my comics readable through a comic reader/viewer similar to what you’d see on the Shonen Jump Website (click any of the 3 latest chapters of a comic to view without an account) or how comics are displayed on the Overwatch Website with zoom/fullscreen options, maybe a page slider like what’s on the Shonen Jump site instead of one page of the comic per static page like what you’d see on most webcomic sites.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about coding, and looking up tutorials on Google has been significantly less than helpful cause I can’t see how to make one that fit’s the aesthetic I’ve set up for my webflow project. Can anyone give me any leads? I know that worst-case scenario I can use a Slider and try to heavily modify it, or use multiple page interactions/animations to make my own but having to make one from scratch for every single issue of a comic sounds like a literal nightmare.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

hi @Channing_Ellison in your first website example is used canvas and I presume that your comics pages are in PDF format. So you can use PDF.js maintained with Mozilla. Here is one article to help you understand how to but I believe you can find more articles with examples on net. As you have mentioned you have no experience with coding it can be a bit challenging for you. There is another question if or how this will work in Webflow.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many fields you can have in an collection item, but you could have high-res images of the pages and have them inside an item with repeating image fields? That way you could circumvent the limits and won’t have to code?

1 Like