Need help handing off exported site with IX to developers

I am having the same problem. My html design was refused for the development team because data-w-id… They said that the code is organized, but the code is not readable… and completely, underestandle

I don’t understand your comment. Is the code unreadable or understandable? These two words are complete opposites and I don’t think you are using them correctly here.

Ok, thanks for anser.

Sorry, i will explain better and completely. My problem is:

I found this type of code, in my html exported from webflow:

data-w-id=“cde96927-ceea-81a5-0c5b-8e4562ecf6ce”.

I have that in all elements where I have animations (and my actual project, I have dozens of animations).

I am working in a web application, actually this is not a website, it is a web application that I willl take data from a drone and convert that in charts and tables, using a dashboard approach.

I made the prototype in webflow, and it was amazing; HOWEVER, the development team refused the screens/html’s because the code is not completely clean.

The html code has some "data-w-id=“b17c387b-9a3f-922a-e117-6d91f403b9be”. The team was not be able to understand that and they have judged that as dirty code, because :data-w-id=”(actually, it is the animations done in the screens) is not ‘readable’ for developers.

The webflow is sold as a clean code tool, but actually it is not “completely” true, ALTHOUGH IS ALMOST TRUE. Unfortunately, my webflow frontend was refused.

While the Webflow JS file is hard to read, it is not meant to be edited. the data-w-id HTML attribute is only added to elements that you add interactions to.

Is your developer team trying to add their own interactions to the site design that you’ve made?

@palves166 - You might want to send this link to your “Developers”.

2 Likes

Yep. I’ve realized that. Maybe in the future, data-w-id can be the interaction name. It will be nice.

Why “Developers”??

They want see that: retraction-button, instead of
that data-w-id=“b17c387b-9a3f-922a-e117-6d91f403b9c2”?

Whats the problem to see the real name of the effects? Whats is easy to understand? What is faster to find??

I can see, your are a so smart professional…So, please clarify that: Which type effect is that: data-w-id=“b17c387b-9a3f-922a-e117-6d91f403b9c2”???

It has a unique value.

The html code has some "data-w-id=“b17c387b-9a3f-922a-e117-6d91f403b9be”. The team was not be able to understand that and they have judged that as dirty code, because :data-w-id=”(actually, it is the animations done in the screens) is not ‘readable’ for developers.

I agree that this isn’t very readable (especially from the point of view of a developer who is unfamiliar with Webflow). As other comments have explained, these data attributes only get added to elements that have animations. So the simple answer here is to not use Webflow animations.

You could take the same approach that I have for building web apps with Webflow - treat Webflow only as a tool for building static HTML with CSS, and nothing more. This is where Webflow excels - I am much faster building a UI in Webflow than by writing HTML and CSS by hand.

Your developers can always just add in their own animations if they would like to.

Thx, for your comment. But webflow is forgetting web application developers, it is a huge market and the webflow focus could more WAD

@palves166- If you want your interactions to have a meaningful association, give your element a class, set the interaction to target the class. It’s up to you what you name the class. No data-w-id data attribute will be added to the element then, since the binding will be on the class.

2 Likes