Navigation using Fullpage.js

Hi there,

I know this has been touched on in the past, specifically with this thread:
But I wondered if anyone can take a look at my page below and offer assistance?
I wanted to use fullpage.js for a single scroll sections website. The single scroll part is working fine, however I note that the navigation using IDs top section will not work!
So using the guidance of this thread I have created my Nav as a list and each link as an

• with a data-menuanchor for each
  • item linking to the corresponding section. I’ve done this but it is still not linking to each section! :confused:

the published live link is here
    Can anyone spot what the issue might be?

Here is my public share link:
    https://preview.webflow.com/preview/fitfork2?utm_source=fitfork2&preview=8f736a6b3cd44d0f45fb0bb505b124b1

• Maybe @Alvaro_Trigo can help here.

I would suggest you to use the latest fullpage.js version 3.0.5.
    Old versions contain plenty of bugs.

Hi there,
    updated library to: https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/fullPage.js/3.0.5/fullpage.js
    and now fullpage no longer works on the page + the navigation list links still do not work.

See your JS console.
    It is full of errors.

Solve them first:

Basically, you can not have any anchor with the same value as any ID on the page.

You can read more about how fullpage.js works on the fullpage.js documentation.

Hi Resolved the ID issue, this but errors still remain + it still doesn’t work.
    These errors relate to (and i’m no expert at this) licences for fullpage + what appears to be a conflict between the two Javascript; 3.3.1 and 3.0.5?
    Are we now saying frontpage will not function unless a valid licence is in place?

Are we now saying frontpage will not function unless a valid licence is in place?

No, but you would be using it illegally and you or your company could be subject to legal actions.
    License is cheap :slight_smile: I wouldn’t play the lottery with ilegal stuff.

These errors relate to (and i’m no expert at this) licences for fullpage + what appears to be a conflict between the two Javascript; 3.3.1 and 3.0.5?

I don’t know why you are using Webflow.push(function() {

I would suggest you to do it exactly as I did here:

And as I explained here:

1 Like

Okay, licence bought, website now working with v3.0.5… back to my original question/problem; how do I get my nav working with data-anchors, etc.? this is still not working right.

If you check the fullpage.js docs you’ll find you are missing the links in your menu.
    Just add the <a href to each of them with the corresponding anchor name. (not id)

This image is taken from the docs:

Hi there, I eventually got this working, thanks for your help!! > https://fitfork2.webflow.io/
    Couple of things to note:
    1 - You cannot add anchor tags within list items in Webflow, I had to import in as custom code for this bit.
    2 - Each anchor tags within the menu has their own unique ID. i.e. #healthy
    Am I missing something or should the target section not need this ID also? In order to get this working I used different IDs for each of the sections i.e. #P1, #P2

I’m glad to hear you got it working!

Regarding your questions:

1- I’m not aware how webflow works with custom attributes. Anchors in the menu are just attributes after all. I guess this is a Webflow issue then? (I assume you are talking about data-menuanchor="whatever".

2- On the men you have a link with the value #Healthy. This is just an anchor. It doesn’t always relate with an ID on the site.
    In this case, fullpage.js won’t work if you have any ID element in the site that has the same value.
    So no, you are not missing anything.
    Fullpage.js relates the link #Healthy with the section containing the attribute data-anchor="Healthy".

I hope that answered your questions!