Nav link to homepage section not working

Hi, there I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I am having trouble with linking my Nav button to a section in the homepage. I have tried this out with linking a section of a page other than my homepage to a Nav button and it works. I’m not sure why when it comes to the homepage it is causing a problem, I have to double click it to get to the right section in the homepage.

Any pointers on how I could solve this is much appreciated thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is my site Read-Only:

1 Like

Hi @Obaid_John, welcome to the Webflow Forum!

In your Nav Link settings you can set it to jump to any section you defined earlier with an ID.
So you don’t have to use an URL with a # at all.

To do so, click the Nav Link, go to the element’s settings and choose “Section” instead of URL.
In the next Dropdown, you can choose your “faq” section to jump to!

Cheers
Leon

1 Like

Hi @Obaid_John,

sorry, I didn’t realize it’s a global navigation element, you’re correct my solution only works for elements on the same page.

Your solution should be correct using the URL with a #faq afterward.
I’m not sure why it’s not working, please check if the site has been published correctly.

Also, something to be aware of, the URL-ID has to be in the same case as in the section settings.

This thread discusses your problem in detail.

Edit: Try entering /home#faq, I read webflow accepts relative paths as well – might work!

Cheers
Leon

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with a nav link in my header and was wondering if maybe you had found a solution to this issue?
I’ve tried using /www.mywebflowdomain.io#section or /#section but nothing seems to work.

Any help would really be appreciated :pray: