Multi-lingual website with Arabic support for Webflow

Hi,

So I’m creating a site with English and Arabic support. I know of Weglot and it sounds perfect. But for Arabic, it seems it can’t work perfectly.

Because for Arabic, ideally, the website should be a mirror image of the English site (meaning elements replace places with each other since the language starts from right to left)

But you can’t shift around elements on Weglot cuz it’ll mess up the translation

The only possible solution is to create duplicates. However, the site is pretty big, and duplicating it will slow down the speed

Hence, I’m stuck. Anyone can help?

Hey Ali,

Did you find a solution for this?

Well Ali, glad I was able provide you the solution 18 months later :smiley:

If anyone is curious - you can develop English-Arabic websites using Webflow + Weglot. But you need a specific system for that.

I highly suggest anyone in touch with Arabic/Hebrew to use RTLflow, which is a system we created at Derokki for structured, scalable RTL Webflow Development at Enterprise Level:

Hope this helps!

Hello Ali,

Have you found a way ?

Webflow has launched its native Localization feature:

And if you want to build proper English-Arabic Webflow Sites, you got to learn some RTL Web Development Fundamentals. This course is a great start:

In the RTLflow 2.0 Styleguide, you have the option to mirror Icons on RTL using f.e. the class .rtl-icon-mirror: