Lots of category pages

Forgive me if this is stupid :confounded:

I have a client that offers a list of services, and each service has 3-10 sub categories, in 32 different cities. For SEO purposes, we need to have a city page created for each category and sub category (For instance [xx service] in [xx city] or [xx sub category] in [xx city])

I know there is a way to do this programmatically, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the architecture. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey Andrew, while I dont have enough info to give you a sure answer here are my thoughts. I don’t think there is an easy way with Webflow’s default CMS. As it won’t be possible to generate the [xx service] in [xx city] or [xx sub category] in [xx city] automatically.

Looks like your option is to create multiple items for each service/categrory - city combination or to use an external database to fill up the content.

Okay, this is helpful. One though I had was to use the Webflow API and write a script to populate each collection.

Quick bump :slight_smile:

The Webflow API is not designed to be used client side, rather it is a server side API. On the client side (JavaScript) your API credentials would be visible publicly allowing for full CRUD against your site.

1 Like