Link new member signup with email client

Hi @Grant1 :wave:

There’s never been any mention of this specifically being added. I’ve personally requested this, spoken to the product person working on this, but haven’t seem much movement on it.

I have a free tool that you can use for exactly this: https://WebhookCreator.com

You can use this to setup Webflow Membership Webhooks:

There is a tutorial on the site walking through how to set all of this up, but… it doesn’t specifically walk through using Zapier.

You need a paid account to use Webhooks with Zapier.

Most of my tutorials walk through using Make (Integromat) as they have an ample free tier and you can use it with Webhooks.

So… here’s a quick walk through to create a Zapier Webhook using WebhookCreator:

Create a new Zap and search for Webhooks.

Choose the Webhooks by Zapier Trigger.

Select the “Catch Hook” event. There is a lot of nuance to these 3 options and this “Catch Hook” is typically the best to choose by default unless you need something very specific.

For this walk through you can skip the “pick off a child key” option (just tap on the continue button). Again, it’s a specific advanced option that you don’t for this walk through.

Here’s the magic :unicorn:

Zapier has just created a Webhook URL for you. Copy that to use in the next step.

Paste that URL into the Webhook Creator tool.

Select the Membership trigger you’d like to use.

In this case, I’ve selected the account added option.

Next you’ll need to fill in the “Webflow API Token” field. You get that in your Webflow project settings. The tutorial on the site walks you through finding that.

Once you have, add it here and tap on the “create webflow webhook” button.

You can confirm you’ve added your new Webhook in the same spot you found your API token.

Next, invite a new user to your Webflow Memberships (I didn’t add a screenshot for this).

Once you’ve invited a new member…

Head back to Zapier and tap on the test button.

You should find your new Webflow Member showing up.

Next, you can add your Mailchimp (or whatever) action you’d like to complete your automation.

Overview:

1. You added a Webflow Webhook that triggers whenever a new Webflow Membership is created.

2. You send that message out of Webflow and into Zapier.

3. Zapier receives that message and triggers any actions you need to complete you automation.

Hope that helps!

1 Like