Link Block - Linking to a Section

Hey-de-ho…me again :smile:

I am now having trouble using a link block. I want to link it to a section on my page, but when I am in settings and I click the down arrow on “choose a page section”, that’s all I see - “Choose a page section” with a checkmark next to it. I went back to double check that what I want to link to is a section, and I actually have 4 different sections right now, none of which show up in the drop down list.

I swear it’s like my version of Webflow has gremlins…
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/jump-fish?preview=880f58bcaa1475bd480c481181abc642

Hi @Kirbie_Earley, you’ll want to assign your sections an ID from the Settings Tab in the Right Side Panel of the Designer :smile:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Ah ha! Thanks that worked. :slight_smile: I already have another problem but I’ll research it first!
Thank you!

2 Likes

What could I be doing wrong if the sections are assigned an ID, the page section is chosen in the ID, but clicking the link does nothing?

Deleting the section’s link, recreating & re-assigning it fixed it, but I haven’t figure out the cause.

Hi @bobbytait, first, make sure your sections are under the body only, and that you are not using sections nested in other elements. The structure would be something like:

Body

Section
          Nav 
    Section
          Container
    Section

etc… it is good to put the nav in it’s own section. Give each section a unique ID from the settings panel. From the nav menu, choose the Section on this Page link type, and select the section ID that the page should scroll too.

I hope this helps, if not, let me know and I am happy to look at the site, if you can provide a read-only link :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

@cyberdave why won’t mine land on the top of the section. The only one that lands properly is “TEAM”. https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dora?preview=96a715562c8c95d320e0addf44c85095

Hi @dreps, I think that one issue is that you are not using the standard navbar widget, so if possible, use that in your menu.

Another thing is that you are using a section for the navbar, and that section is within a Div block. Sections should only be used just under the body element. My suggestion is to structure your navigation something like this:

I hope this helps, if you get stuck making those changes, let me know and I am happy to take a further look :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave