Lightbox & Collection list - Multi-images field not visible

Hello Community,

I am trying to make a simple collection list on my personal project page and I cannot get the Multi-image option working. I drag and drop my Lightbox in my page and when I want to link it to the collection it only shows / allows me to get images from the Image field, but not from the multi-image field (which I created).

Link to my project page: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/12testeperso8585?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=12testeperso8585&preview=4e3d42f287150936fa137451af80892a&pageId=5e777a311ede361350b8d9fa&mode=preview

I have followed every steps from this video (I guess) but I cannot get it to work.

Please help!

1 Like

link not working…

Currently in order to use an image-gallery for your CMS lightboxes, you must be on a dynamic page. There’s not currently a workaround for this (at least one that I know of). Sorry!

Hello @Hunter_Reynolds,

What is a dynamic page?It this something that needs to be made, or did you meant an entire page that is a collection item?

Thanks!

When you create CMS Collections, each instance will have its own Dynamic page, which can be found on the Pages tab at the bottom (its in purple). These pages can be built to look the same and auto-populate content based on the CMS Collection (think a product page; each page has the same design, but with different photos, text, price, descriptions, etc…).

I have the exact same problem (and I am in a CMS dynamic page). No idea why the multi-image option doesn’t appear and only the Main image field shows up.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing the same issue. The only way I’ve found to use Lightbox Gallery with a multi-image is to add a Collection List to a Collection page. You can’t link a Lightbox straight to the multi-image on any type of page.

3 Likes

Yep. That worked. Thanks, @joejola :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW, awesome discovery and amazingly seems undocumented ANYWHERE by Webflow themselves. Sadly, breaks my design (wanted each collection item in it’s own grid area with some uniquely sized, and then limited to 5 images, and then full Lightbox for the entirety of the Multi-image field). But, better than nothing.

Issues like these really make me feel like a fool in front of my client, whom I convinced to pay for Webflow. We’re both constantly let down by it, except it’s my responsibility to solve the issue.

EDIT: Nope, never mind… “Link with other Lightboxes” Group name is NOT dynamic. So… can enlarge single images, but cannot connect them to other images in a Multi-image field. Anyone figure out how to do this? I swear I saw a live stream more than a year ago that promised this “within a week.”

I can’t see the ability to link a multi-images field when I am trying to add images on a CMS Collection Page

@Nadiya_Abrosimova
There is a page in the Webflow University that I recommend you review if you haven’t.
It should help you resolve your issue.

If you are still stuck, let us know.

Hi! I don’t know if this is the same issue as the OP but I have an issue where I have essentially the same set up as in the tutorial video and it works perfectly. However, imagine if you will that I have multiple products on the same page, also driven by collections. If I “link with other lightboxes”, it shows EVERY image in every lightbox on that page. So I’d click on “Monstera” and see all the images for all the other plants listed on the page too. This is because the “link with other lightboxes” field isn’t dynamic. Is there a way to limit which lightboxes are linked? An alternative method that IS dynamic?

Hey Paul, I don’t suppose you ever found a way to get around the “link with other lightboxes” not being dynamic issue, did you?

Currently dealing with this same issue. Trying to make multiple lightboxes on the same page linking to a CMS but not having any luck at all.