Issue with Google Analytics Tracking

Hi,

I have a YouTube video embed on my WF site www.wedesignlondon.com. The count, though, is not rising and I know that the video is being watched a lot.

Does anyone know why this is and how it can be rectified? I understand that this sometimes happens because it is set to autoplay, but the video has never been set to autoplay.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Hi @DanUK1, from google tag manager extension for chrome, it looks like you have the google analytics tag entered twice. Check the analytics tab of your site settings, clear the number that is in the Analytics field and then save changes. Republish your site. Let us know, and can check if it looks like it is communicating :smile:

Cheers,
Dave

Hi @cyberdave

If I clear the number, won’t that then mean that it won’t connect to Google Analytics?

Thanks

Hi @DanUK1, it looks like you are using both Google Universal analytics, and the number from the Analytics tab only uses Google Classic analytics currently.

Google cannot read the number currently, because both numbers using google classic and google universal analytics are being used.

Stop using the number in the Analytics field in site settings, and it should work. If you make the change and let me know, I can check how it is working :smile:

Cheers,
Dave

@cyberdave I’ve deleted the Google Classic Analytics ID, saved and re-published. So the change has been made! …

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @DanUK1, it appears to be working now, I can see pageview requests getting logged :smile:
Cheers,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.