Is Webflow a good choice for me?

Hi,

I find the webflow recently, I tried to build a test webpage and have tested. After export the HTML&&CSS code I find that the form element seems still need send through webflow to my server. And there is no way I could post data on the webpage by get query my server. So I think webflow is only for designer to use. In order to get a full function webpage, I still need something like Dreamwaer, those front end tools. I have read a topic here said we couldn’t build the standalone website by webflow + backend endigneer, Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Hey @ee07b415

Welcome to the Webflow Community :slight_smile:
Are there any reasons why you’d like to host the site outside of Webflow? Once I moved all of my projects over to Webflow, I stopped needing to work in Dreamweaver or any other text editor. I still get so giddy about the fact that one can build everything visually, and then just hit publish, and everything works correctly. :slight_smile: Please let me know if there’s anything you need help with in Webflow, the community here is incredible and we’re excited that you’re here!

Here are some great points written by Webflow community member @dapitts08 with some reasons for using Webflow.

A blank canvas for creativity. Webflow doesn’t bind us into a template like Wordpress, so we can build exactly what you want—and what your content needs. Since there are no templates or plugins you don’t have to worry about your site breaking after an update.
No more static mockups. Creating static mockups for a variety of screen sizes, dimensions, and orientations eats up tons of time. Not to mention, it is often difficult to envision how those static mockups become live, dynamic websites. As we build your website, Webflow allows me to send you a fully functional, live website instead of a static mockup. From the very first iteration of your site you can play around with it on your desktop, tablet, and phone as if it was the final live site. This leads to better feedback and design decisions.
Built in staging url. Webflow also gives the option to publish changes to a staging URL (yoursiteURLhere.webflow.io) so we can test functionality and review content before it is pushed to the live site. No more broken websites. Not only does this allow us to take care of bugs in an isolated environment, it also allows us to start developing entirely new sections of your site that can be privately shared with others before being released to the public.
Easy to understand back-end. It is considerably less difficult to add new blog posts to your site built with Webflow when compared to Wordpress.
Write and edit–right on the page. We can make changes right on the live website and the content will update automatically, where it appears. This allows for small updates to be turned around really quickly. You no longer have to wait days for a typo to be changed.
Automatic site backups (versioning). Webflow automatically creates a backup version of your site every 20th autosave (as well as a manually whenever we want). If we ever need to revert a change (whether due to a bug or a change in direction), restoring a backup only takes a click.
Best-in-class performance. Webflow hosts your site on multiple AWS servers and serve up assets via Fastly and Amazon CloudFront, so your pages load in no time and update in seconds. Webflow guarantees 99.99% up-time.
Free and easy updates. The Webflow team makes improvements and bug fixes frequently, and we’ll get them all for free—without having to download or back up a thing.
Already trusted by amazing design companies. Teams from high profile companies like Pinterest, Ideo, MasterCard, Intuit, Salesforce, MTV, Autodesk and Razorfish are using Webflow.
Community. Over 380,000 designers, developers, and entrepreneurs have built over 400,000 websites. The Webflow community is incredibly helpful and awesome to work with when it comes to troubleshooting your site.

1 Like

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for you reply! I’m new on web develop and try to build a dynamic website that could send and receive some forms. We got some data for internal use don’t want to put it on the public. I tried one test page with webflow find that all the forms submit need go through webflow or integrated by 3rd party tool like Zapier. Our internal data server not supported by Zapier and some recommended site from the forum. Since I’m not a front end engineer and want to get some help from exists tool rather than writing html and css on notepad to build a web page, this made me thought that webflow may only provide the web page design, even export the code, I still need some action handler writing some Javascript and PHP code to communicate with the server.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.