Is there any way to automate visual testing in Webflow (eg. Percy)?

Hi folks. I’m a developer that is transitioning the company website to Webflow - and about to handover the site management to our Marketing and Design teams.

I have not been able to find any integration regarding visual UI testing in Webflow. Has anyone discovered a way to set up a service that shows a Webflow user all UI changes to their project, that they can check before publishing? For example, if someone changes the h1 on the homepage, they would open up this service or integration which will highlight that h1 has changed on particular page and would also show - oh the heading on a completely different page changed too (making the user realize that they broke something)

On our React-based apps we use Percy https://percy.io/ - which is perfect for showing visually any change to a website user interface.

Has anyone tried to or found a way to implement some form of automatic full-site visual diff checking while using Webflow?

I’m aware one can view changes within the project Editor, but it seems like you’d have to know where to look in the current setup, but won’t be informed if something breaks unexpectedly elsewhere. Unless I’m missing something?

3 Likes

I would also appreciate some guidance here - not just from a visual testing point of view but also performance to ensure no broken links or heavy JS has been accidentally introduced, and no interactions have been broken.

My current solution is to have a single release manager who is the only person allowed to deploy the site to production. Every time they do, they run an audit that includes:

• Run a few critical pages through Page Speed Insights
  • Run a Screaming Frog audit
  • Click on our most important CTAs to ensure functionality

It would be amazing to have team development tools that automate this functionality and provide performance insights.

@Rafi_Khan - Have you ever considered RPA? Bot downloads export, places in directory, extracts contents, runs Git, reports back changes, runs PSI, captures results, runs SFA, captures results, tests CTA, captures results, creates report and sends to manager. I use UiPath for a similar requirement so I am free for dev tasks.

I don’t have any idea about webflow! But I totally understood your problem! I would recommend you to use Preflight for automated web testing.