IOS doesn't support an embed PDF. How to solve?

Hi there,

I’m new to Webflow, but I need to edit a published site now.
I’ve encountered an issue where a client wants us to create a PDF that has a specific name for an asset (sitename/filename.pdf), but I’ve realized Webflow doesn’t allow us that. So I’ve created a new page (sitename/filename) and embed a PDF. It looks fine on desktop but IOS and maybe Android (unfortunately) don’t support an embed PDF; it only shows the cover page of the PDF and cannot scroll further. FYI I have tried object and iframe tag, but none of them work.

What would be the best solution for this? Should I install a PDF viewer on the site? things like https://pdfobject.com or PDF.js If so how can I host those Javascript into a site? Can someone show me step by step if possible?

Thank you in advance for your help.

K

Depending on the amount of PDFs your client needs to load you could setup 301 redirects in Site Settings/Hosting. So you just upload the PDFs to WF Assets library and then set the links client wants to use to redirect to the hosted file.

Not an ideal solution, but it has worked for me when only a few PDF’s are needed and clients looking for short memorable links for offline marketing.

2 Likes

I agree that this isn’t ideal, but this was the best one I could choose from my options :).

Thank you!!!