Integrate blog collection from Wordpress to Webflow?

Hi there,

I’m creating a home page for a client in Webflow, but he changed his mind and wants it done in Wordpress. Therefore I thought I could go on and finish the design in Webflow and use Webflow pages on Wordpress.

The problem is he wants to edit his blog posts on Wordpress and adding a collection list with blog posts on Webflow won’t fix my problem.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thank you very much!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Also no, but you can design the static pages in Webflow and then export them as HTML and use those files on Wordpress (you can then populate the site front etc. using PHP). You can’t edit anything hosted on Webflow (the CMS) from Wordpress. You’re going to have to do it the Wordpress way.

Thank you for your reply, I’ll look into it, I’m not accustomed to php though. :pensive:

What if I design the blog collection list and the blog page on WordPress? Could I integrate that into Webflow Pages (since the plugin only redirects to the page created in Webflow) ?

You can design whatever on Webflow and have separate pages on Wordpress that are on the same domain (I do this too). However, to display anything on the front, inside the blog posts etc. you do need to get the fields from the database through PHP.

You can’t get blog posts that are on Wordpress to show inside Webflow-hosted pages.

I would strongly advice you to just design stuff in Webflow (static pages and collection pages) and try to import the HTML, CSS and JS into Wordpress. Fire up a blank template and put in the HTML on the appropriate pages. It’s not ultra complicated luckily, PHP is in many ways very much like HTML, but it’s not trivial either.

Hi / Buna ziua, Alexandru!

Have you checked out @udesly, over at www.udesly.com/? I hope that helps for that particular challenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another option with Wordpress is Pinegrow Theme Converter for WordPress which allows you to convert your Webflow design to a Wordpress theme.