Independent interactions conflicting

Hi there!
I’m having big problems, maybe someone can give me a hand on this.

So I have two independent interactions working on two different elements . One is triggered by click and the other one is an interaction triggered by the slide where is contained. this two elements are completely independent, living in different sections of the page. What is happening is that when the click interaction is triggered it randomly triggers the interaction it supposed to be triggered by the slide when it comes into view.

Here is the link to the page http://sophia-template.webflow.io/

The slide interaction is the second section of the page and the click interaction is the third one. This conflict only occurs when the click interaction is fired, it doesn’t occur the other way round.

Thank you very much for reading and hope I find some advice on how to solve this

Here the captures from the interactions

SLIDE INTERACTION

CLICK INTERACTION

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi, @mrmtta

For being able to find the reason we will need your read-only project link.

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Anna

Didnt know what was a read-only link till now:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sophia-template?preview=ce04b0507b4e9a82c377530acd12edf2

1 Like

Ok, seems I found the “reason” why it’s happen.

Every time when activating some interaction with click trigger the slider keeps refreshing (probably it is part of its functionality). Since one of the interactions with SLIDER trigger moves image up when slide is appears on the screen, it happens every time when activating some click interaction.

But I found the way how to fix it (or trick it): the step that moves image UP I added as a second step on the “Slide out of view” action

In this way, slider animation will be not affected

Regards,
Anna

1 Like

Awesome stuff! Thank you very much!

How did you find out that refreshing on the slider on every click?? Firefox debugger was telling me that something was happenning on the slider every time the click interaction was fired but couldn’t find out it was refreshing the slider. Moreover, I created another click triggered interaction in the page to see if it was doing the some to the slider but in this case everything was fine.

Your solution does work and Im very grateful although there some functionality is going on I can’t understand. Why that refreshing will occur with some click interactions and not with other? Maybe some webflow developer can help us with that question. Anyway, thank you very very much. I will keep this solution in mind in case it happens to me again!

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.