In page links not working in published site

Hi, my in-page links have stopped working in the live website. They work in the Webflow preview page. The in-page links are on the ‘Flower Design’ page in the header and the back to top button in the footer. I hope there is someone out there that can shed a light on this, please.

Here is the link;
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bloomwood-flower-design?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=bloomwood-flower-design&preview=7a843a18fc1b8ef7d3066ba935c77d57&pageId=5efd490bad6bd9bc0fbb4b64&workflow=preview

Cheers,
Dennis

Hi @BBadWF, I hope you are doing well, thanks for the post.

I would check the Custom Code tab of project settings, then scroll down to the Advanced Settings section and check the Base Tag field, if it is populated, clear that field and then republish.

The Base Tag field will add a path to your links, but this does not work on staging sites and is commonly used when you are hosting a part of your site in Webflow for a main domain that is hosted somewhere else.

You may need to enable this once you have finalized your domain setup, but for now, I would clear that field and republish so that the base tag is not appended to the page link when the site is published.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave, thanks for getting back. The base tag field is populated with ‘bloomwood.co.nz/’ but the site is not in staging and for as far as I know I have finalised the domain setup. I am new to Webflow so I might have done something wrong but the site has been up and running for over a year now so don’t quite understand why the links suddenly stopped working.

Do you still recommend to clear the ‘Base Tag field’?

Wishing you a great day and hope to hear from you again.

From a lockdown New Zealand…

Cheers,
Dennis

Hi @BBadWF,

Thanks for your reply. I would clear that field, then republish, if needed it can be re-added, but I think this is what is causing the issue.

I cannot tell you if this has been added sometime between the last time it was working and now, but it seems off, so I would remove that base tag and republish, then check again.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave,
You rock! Problem solved… thanks again.

Cheers,
Dennis

1 Like

Hi @BBadWF,

I was doing some additional research and the base tag was set to the root domain while the default domain in the hosting tab set to WWW, so there was that mismatch. I would only set the base tag if you have specific SEO needs.

The WWW domain will serve as the canonical domain, you leave the base tag empty if the default domain in Webflow is set.

Glad to hear it is all working now :slight_smile:

.cd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.