Importing images to CMS collections items using ZAPIER

I was trying to import collection items using Zapier, but webflow returns the following error:

Bargle. We hit an error creating a item. :frowning: Error:
api.webflow.com returned (400) Bad Request and said “ValidationError: Invalid image id.”

What’s wrong? Is there any other way to import images to webflow?

If there is no such way, maybe it is possible to import links to images to external source as a href?

1 Like

Hi there

@PixelGeek showed this on the latest show. It seems you cannot import images just yet. But you in most cases you can import a img url. So in your collection make a url field. Make a img code embed and for the url(src) use the “add field” you find on the embed window and choose your url from your collection.

Makes sense?

1 Like

Hi, When I connect any RSS feed on Zapier, it does not pull in any Image URL’s… The idea seems good, but its not possible. Please advise

Hi @jorn, I’m using zapier to populate content in a collection then trying to add an image to the collection list using an html embed that references the src to a url field in a collection as you suggest, but not having much luck. The images show blank on the page.

(Share link removed)

Anything you can spot? Maybe something wrong with the way I am completing the html embed?

1 Like

Solved…! Using some great details found here - Image Upload Feature - #19 by Roey

You need to set dimensions of the image within the html embed e.g.

< img src=“Insert url field here” width=“100%” height=“auto” >

1 Like

Great, was just starting taking a look at your project.

1 Like

Hi Jorn,

In my case, the embedded image does not display on the live website. I get the error; Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)

I am using the < img src=“Insert url field here” width=“100%” height=“auto” > code as mentioned above, which pulls the Image URL from the CMS that contains the API URL of the image. For example; https://webflow.com/api/sites/smartcat/formUploads/b2c30ad5-25d6-4712-8bce-b3ecbb787d07.png

Could you tell me why the image gets an authorisation error?

Cheers ;D

@Waldo Hi Waldo, maybe you know why this is happening as well, would you mind taking a look at my problem?

Hi

Can you share a read only link?

Hi Jorn,

I just figured out why. it was due to some settings in the project settings.

Kind regards,

Djaya

2 Likes

Hey, glad to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Hello Dyaja, thanks for sharing. Can you tell me about what exactly you did there? I’m still having the same issue.

Thanks a lot!