Image upload to zapier to CMS - solved

Thanks @ChrisDrit. Yup, Integromat’s error messages are…probably in need of improvement.

Will keep you posted if I figure it out, and thanks for your help :+1:

1 Like

Ok, me again… I think I’m explaining myself wrong :rofl:

Basically, I think what I need is a way for users to Upload a photo using my Webflow form, but I need the actual “image link” that Webflow spits out to work (it currently gives me a https://webflow.com/api/sites/.../.../filename.jpg link in my spreadsheet). Problem is that when I click on said link, the URL then changes to https://webflow-user-file-uploads-production.s3.amazonaws.com/.../.../blah_blah_blah.

Is there a way to, I don’t know… send these photos to an external site instead? Like on Dropbox or Google Drive or something instead of being Webflow-hosted? Is this what Zapier is supposed to help with?

I actually don’t want Zapier to automatically add the form submission (with image) directly to my Webflow CMS without my intervention. I literally just want a finished CSV file that has actual, working Image links so that when I “import” the final version to Webflow CMS, all the info gets added in (images and all).

Does this make sense? Am I wrong to think that this should be a fairly easy process?

Well CRAP!!! After I sent this message, I did some more digging… and would you know that the answer to all my problems was one tiny, little switch in my Project Settings?!? I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why UPLOADED files using the form > Exported CSV > Importing CSV into CMS was not loading the actual images…

Turns out, all I needed to do was turn this darn switch to OFF!

Now instead of my uploaded file links reading as “webflow.com/api/sites/…” in the spreadsheet, they now read as “webflow.com/files/…” which means they actually “read” properly when I re-import the CSV file back into my CMS!

So easy, yet so difficult to find… anyway, all works as expected now! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi! Can you please help me by explaining again how to get the image to upload into the cms? I had found a video before, but now I cannot find it. It was easy for me to get all the data to store into the google sheets, but everything but the images transferred over. I have tried different things and am failing at this. The login to upload is switched off, but the image is still not coming through.

Oh I’m so happy you found this! Couldn’t figure out what was going wrong!

Just a note to anyone else - you need to submit another file as LynnUX mentioned the file path is different.

THAT WAS IT! Thanks @LynnUX !

Thank you very much. I suffered for 5 hours before I found the problem. There is no limit to my gratitude. Low bow to you

1 Like