Image resizing is making me crazy

Hey everybody, this is my first post and I’m posting here in a last resort way.
I looked around but haven’t found a solution to this bug/glitch that Webflow has.

As you can see on those 2 videos:
https://www.loom.com/share/322d061383a34b288d509e1ee52ab22c
https://www.loom.com/share/f37e56a07b224e5e8d02685750d13874

I created my portfolio and all the images have the proper sizes with a 100% width max, but when I export the image will be 100% of the full width of the browser. Sometimes when I go back to my webflow project and click on them and publish again this glitch is fixed but it’s driving me crazy because most of the times it doesn’t work!

The images from my case studies are all broken and giant because of this stupid glitch.

Can someone help me?

I tried:

– Set fixed size for an image (did not worked because otherwise won’t resize)
– Have a global max-width: 1920 (the images that are broken with the glitch will look giant on the page even tho they are much smaller)

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Victor Berbel – Portfolio (2022)

hi @victorbrb your issue is related to misunderstanding of image sizing in relation to its container.
you need to set your image to take 100% of container width, you have set this with to auto and with this setting you have said to browser that your image should take any with up to 100% of its original size.

Instead you should tell browser that your image should take 100% of its container and no more. Here is simple visual description for better understanding. I presume you are familiar with differences between fill, cover, contain.

I feel your pain!! I am struggling with that right now including orientation of the images publishing in the wrong way I found a work around thankfully someone posted the solution on one of these forums. I unchecked responsive image but even that was hard to find. I wish Webflow had an easier editor like Wix… or at least allow placing and sizing more freely without having to go into settings then find the spacings and mess 5 min or more with that. I guess if you get advanced and more comfortable using it then it would be faster but not for someone learning Webflow in my opinion…

Nobody has time for that… Webflow should have that as a backup for more advanced users but also allow beginner friendly placing and moving images as you see fit…

Omg :joy: I sincerely hope Webflow never goes in a Wix direction. That would be like Photoshop deciding where the lines should go. It would kill digital art.

HTML, CSS, layout, web design all have learning curves, but Webflow has been mostly decent at making those fundamental capabilities more accessible. If it tried to change how the web works… :rage:

I totally get that Wix is super user-friendly, especially for folks without a developer background. However, it’s important to clarify that “no-code” doesn’t mean “no-knowledge.” To unlock the full potential of Webflow, having a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and learn Webflow UI by completing their courses can really come in handy. :blush:

1 Like

I can totally feel your pain. I have been struggling for some days now, and I think I will quit at a certain point…