I need customer support

I am in serous need of technical support. I cannot locate a phone number. I have submitted a ticket and received a response. However, the suggested fix did not correct the issue and my website is not working properly. The support@webflow.com bounces back.

How can I receive direct help?
Keith

Depending on the issue. You’ll either want to go to a Webflow Expert on the Webflow Experts Directory (dislaimer: I’m one myself)

Most issues aren’t directly related to Webflow themselves, but more in how the platform is used. Webflow doesn’t offer standard “design & development” support as thats the job of Webflow Developer etc. Their support mainly focus’s on billing/hosting and issues with Webflow the tool itself. Not how to use it.

If you describe the issue a bit more here I’m happy to see if I can help. :slight_smile:

If it is an actual Webflow issue, it may either need to be raised as a bug, or you’ll need to recontact support and explain to them again whats happening.

TommyNZ, thank you for the response. I know it has something to do with the SSL, which I know nothing about. My domain is hosted by Earthlink. Over 10 years ago, I designed my current site with Webflow and connected the custom domain name. It has always worked great. But a month or so ago, customers began telling me they could not get to my website. As I tried, I get the “not secure” warning. Customers would have to dig further to try to find the “continue anyway” message, and most don’t. Studying the SSL thing in the Webflow settings, it suggested that I click “Enable SSL,” so I did. It also directed me to add some DNS records to Earthlink, which I did. But nothing works. The support email told me do delete certain DNS records from Earthlink, as they were not Webflow records, even though the Webflow directions directed me to add those records. I deleted 2, the other 2 (which Webflow suggested) would not delete. I am assuming several of these DNS records are required for the use of Earthlink. Some I added at the direction of my company software (the ‘sendgrid’ records, so that my emails from that software, would not attach a “not secure” message to my customers. Here are screenshots of my DNS records. I just need some direction as to how to remedy this issue. I feel it is probably a simple fix, but I don’t know where to start.

Any help or directions is appreciated.

Make sure you are replying to the support message you received, and not trying to send a new email to support@.

Regarding your DNS, if you’re doing a standard Webflow setup, those bottom two records are the only base level A records you want.

For some reason your DNS is showing some of those extra A records with a blank, and others with the more conventional @, but I think you’ll want to delete these 5.

The bottom two ones are the correct ones for Webflow.

Basically you’ve given 7 different houses the exact same mailing address, so the post office is seriously struggling to get you your packages.

Michael, thank you for your assistance. I had been trying to delete those records, but they would not delete. Error message says *“A server error has occurred or your domain already uses the default DNS records. Please try to set custom DNS records or our Technical Support department.”

Yesterday, oddly, some of those had been deleted, even thought I didn’t do it. However, the top 2 will still not delete. I suppose I will contact them by phone to assist in deleting them.

Also yesterday, oddly, my site would show up, but only if I typed in the www., which I think most people do not do. Prior, Webflow directed me to make the full www.mesquitema.com the default, rather than the mesquitema.com. I switched it back to the latter, to see if it would work when entering only the mesquitema.com in the url window, but it did not work. I switched it back to the full www and now neither works. The links to my site (from google) also produces the same issue. Customers are not able to get to me site.

Exactly, it’s weird that some records do not show an @, it may be that you have some form of “app” installed as part of their service that has “autocreated” those DNS entries.

Cloudflare apps have this ability, but they’re better indicated in the DNS.

Contact your DNS provider’s support to help you figure it out.

Yes that’s normal, your www is defined by the CNAME so it doesn’t suffer from your base-domain routing conflict.

You would need a DNS that supports CNAME flattening in order to use the bare domain as your default.

Could be a browser-cached redirect.

As long as you’ve republished your site after making the www the default, I think you should be able to access it through the www. But again until your overall DNS issues are fixed, don’t expect anything to work properly.

What I do for some clients with DNS issues is simply recreate the correct DNS on Cloudflare and switch over their nameservers.