I can not work in Webflow.... its to slow

When i work 8:00 europe time, its all ok… but when its 13:00 and America is waking up, its become really, really slow. Its a capacity problem for sure… So just let us hear that you are working on it @webflow

1 Like

It’s gotten somewhat better in the past 5 minutes (Designer is loading pretty quickly now) , but it’s been on/off for a while now, so I’m not particularly optimistic yet. EDIT: Nope, Designer is fully dead now. HTTP Error 504 Gateway Timeouts…

And, same, Jasondark. The Designer has had its share of bugs for a while: today is old bugs + network issues.

I came here to make another bug report from work last night and, well, not even getting the Designer to load half the time.

Ticket has been sent, linking them here. Will update, but ideally they’d just 1) post to status.webflow.com, 2) add a forum post, and 3) put up a pop-up somewhere (I expected the Dashboard, but if even the Dashboard is having issues? That’s the whole point of having a status page, sigh.

On the time zones: that seems right. The whole US has come online on the first workday of the week: 9AM on the West Coast was 3 minutes ago. But, again…why not just update status.webflow.com? Intermittent connections are a bug, too.

I take it back: now the Designer is fully dead. I am going to work on other stuff. Another massive failure of communication, Webflow:

*Update: It working now
**Update: It working now but very slow…

Ignore this

From Canada the Editor/Dashboard is down for me as well, they haven’t said anything on twitter
yet about the problem…
My client in Brasil tried to log in the same problem.

1 Like

I’m unfortunately not surprised by the complete lack of information.

Of course services are going to go down. Of course network bugs happen. Of course downtime is expected. What’s not acceptable is Webflow’s lack of information & accountability. It’s a rough & busy week/month/quarter for many, but Webflow’s communication was poor to begin with.

5 Likes

Hey all :wave:

We are aware of some reports of the designer being slow and we have a team looking into it as we speak. I will post an update here to keep you in the loop.

Please feel free to send reports or possibly related issues to support@webflow.com or in this thread, where we can monitor theyour reports.

Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

We asked for better communication in October 2019:

We asked for better communication in February 2020:

@magicmark, why are these issues not covered in Webflow Status? Are these not worthy of even minor incident notes?

We trust you can fix these issues, of course; what’s harder to find trust in is Webflow’s own monitoring & transparency with its userbase.

Thank you for receiving the tickets. We’re excited to get back to work…

4 Likes

Thanks for the update here.

Candidly though, and I’m not just trying to stir up trouble here but rather just have a real dialogue and positive feedback:

Perhaps the verbiage would be better if you stated “We are aware of the designer being slow”, rather than “of some reports”.

• You make it seem like an isolated issue that only a few people are having.
  • Clearly this is having a problem globally.
  • That’s FINE. Problems happen, we trust you will fix it.

Just my humble thought.
Cheers.

5 Likes

How come we’re experiencing these issues when the Webflow status says all is working ok?

5 Likes

This is exactly what I thought… what sense does that status dashboard make if it doesn’t reflect issues?

I’m having all kinds of error messages within the designer all day… saving and publishing takes forever… my only explanation is the high traffic here in Europe, since so many people are home now.

2 Likes

@TG2 I will report this back to the team. I honestly can’t say why or when the status page is updated as I don’t know, but I will raise this point.

Clearly this is having a problem globally.

@Bradpaulp We always have multiple reports, and they don’t always happen globally. For instance, none of my sites are affected, and neither are some other users. We have to look into things, reproduce the issues before we can fix them.

Perhaps the verbiage would be better if you stated “We are aware of the designer being slow”, rather than “of some reports”.

My message says: We are aware of some reports of the designer being slow and we have a team looking into it as we speak

I agree with this.

‘Oops something went wrong’

Isn’t very helpful.

I have more trust in a product that says ‘Oops XYZ broke, we’re on it’.

2 Likes

Here in the US and Webflow Designer is being this slow for me as well. Can’t even upload new products to a shop. Trying to get a clients Ecommerce function setup so they can continue to be in business during this time and it is not working out.

For me, too. When I try to add a new item to a collection list, it gives me errors (“Could not get site capabilities”). And it’s super slow.

2 Likes

Thanks @TG2 for bringing up the Status Page.

We have updated it now so you may subscribe to updates.

1 Like

Hi, all!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

Our engineers are currently working on this and we think we’ve identified the problem, is everyone still experiencing the same issues? Can you try to load the Designer and Dashboard to see if it’s working properly for you now? :webflow_heart:

1 Like

super randomly my Dashboard opens. In the last hour I had to stop working on it for at least 6 times

1 Like

Hey all,

Just wanted to share some helpful tips on minimizing the lag you may be experiencing. Every so often I get this and I live in uptown Dallas, Texas; with a super fast connection. I have an i7, 16gb memory, so I hardly ever have speed issues on anything dynamic. That being said, I sometimes see lag on all my web-based applications and I take these steps periodically throughout the day.

1. Internet Security:
Disable any/all protection software “real-time scanning”. This MUST be off.

2. Mcafee App Boost:
Total protection upgrade to get this feature. It helps to build a monitor pattern for daily usage, and adjusts over time to allocate CPU, Memory usage.

3. Maintenance:
I use Advanced System Care for continuous maintenance. There are others, but I found this one to be less intrusive and more comprehensive to manage. Honestly, you really need to use a software package like this in conjunction with a security suite. The cleaning, is not revolutionary or complicated, it just prevents “manually” going to through tech steps one by one. Also - DO NOT use the Registry, Disk Optimization or Defrag cleaners EVER. You don’t need to touch the these for any type of daily activity. That’s reserved for spring cleaning so to speak, maybe twice a year.

On these applications, you can see they have a number of tools/features that allow to get granular on your setup. It takes a couple of weeks for the apps to get used to your habits/usage. Right now our smartphones already do this! Think about it, we use them way more than a laptop - but they don’t lag or freeze. It’s doing this automatically with software based on your everyday activity using monitoring. Also “turn this off from running the background after using”. At the end of each day, I run the Scan with those settings and I have it shut down after cleaning.

Here’s a few screenshots.

4. Clear browsing cache:
Every 2 hours or so, I’ll clean the browser cache, close Chrome, and restart. It just helps to keep the Designer from filling up the browser over long periods of time. This is an absolute must throughout the day. It does delete the search history, so back that up if you need to know sites you were searching, or set bookmarks then clean.

5. Browser Tabs:
Try to minimize using the app, while keeping a lot of open tabs. Chrome loads up memory very quickly and it uses a really high CPU percentage.

6. Startup Items:
Be sure to check the start up items, delete or remove anything unnecessary for daily usage. As you can see, there’s nothing in my startup. And the processes are kept to a minimum. End/Stop those you don’t need.

task-manager-2

7. Msconfig:
If you’re use to system support, you’ll know about the msconfig dialog. I think on Mac, it’s Activity Monitor and System Preferences. But recheck it to make sure there’s nothing you need running in the background service section.

8. Other applications:
Previously I would use Bridge, Affinity, PS and maybe a PDF software when doing client work. This has caused intermittent lag hanging CPU usage. If I’m not using the app, I just simply close it, to free up CPU for Chrome because it has a really high demand on the processor. Even more so than Photoshop in my experience. Opera is really the smoothest browser anyway, but hey…

In the above Task Manager screenshot, you can see how much a “design” software requires.

9. Browser Extensions:
In addition, disable as many “Extensions” in Chrome as possible. This made a huge difference immediately for me. I really disabled all of them and turned on 1 by 1 to test. Best to disable all when working in the Designer over longer periods.

10. Video Card:
Finally, you really should check this. Without an above average video card. This all is a mute point. Check your card control panel and make sure settings are correct.

Some of you may be familiar with these steps. If you have anything else, please add it so other members can equip with additional tools.

Hope this helps you guys :slight_smile:

Thank you, @magicmark. Much appreciated. I hope the protocol can be updated for future incidents: I’m sure wider use of Webflow Status will give everyone a little hair back, including Webflow & your support teams.

@rileyrichter

I logged back on, cleared the cache and cookies again, re-logged in, and I got hit with a Connection Error on the second publish (~2:45PM EST).

F12 Console shows a litany of 404 and 504 errors:

If it happens again, I’ll update the Support ticket I created above.

Watching.

I have having some weird issues with the designer showing different then live site and starting to think this issue may be why.

1 Like