How to submit a Webflow form to the Webflow CMS

howdy :wave:

A major limitation I keep bumping into is using a Webflow form and having that info submitted directly into my Webflow CMS.

Having this ability opens so many doors, and I want to do this regularly for my projects.

So I decided to figure out how to quickly, and easily, solve this problem. The fix is adding Zapier into the mix, and it becomes trivial.

In the hope that this helps others, here is my 10 minute screencast walking through exactly how to do this:

I have a downloadable, step-by-step PDF guide for this screencast if you prefer to walk through it at your own pace.

4 Likes

Nice! You’d think you could simply choose an option to do this per form definition but I guess not yet… My only criticism of your JavaScript snippet is that you are just blocking I/O and having success but there will be variability so if you need more reliability and in more complex cases will not work because you need to allow the original post transaction to complete. So if you run into that I’m here for additional advice on how to do that.

Nice! You’d think you could simply choose an option to do this per form definition but I guess not yet…

Thank you for the kind words :smile: and it would be nice if they did!

My only criticism of your JavaScript snippet…

Thanks for the feedback but this will cover the majority use-cases without any issue :+1: Anything more and it’s beyond this demonstration… I can go over more complex cases in my next screencast :wink:

That is pretty cool! Cheers for sharing!

Grant

1 Like

No problem @grantsenior, ping me here with any questions…