I have an existing project but need to create a subdomain that will have separate pages. According to webflow, you need to create a new project and set up domains from there. I have done that.
- Project 1 (existing) has domains example.com and www.example.com
- Project 2 (new) has domain subdomain.example.com
With Route 53, you need to use hosted zones to create records for a subdomain.
- I have one hosted zone for the main domain (example.com)
- I have one hosted zone for the subdomain (subdomain.example.com)
You need to take the name server values of the SUBDOMAIN zone (subdomain.example.com) and create an NS record with
subdomain as the record name and the name servers as the values on the MAIN zone (example.com)
So, following the directions from webflow I need to add a CNAME with the value
- I cannot add the CNAME to the SUBDOMAIN zone because if I add a value it would be subdomain.subdomain.exaple.com
- I cannot leave the value blank because it conflicts and cannot be at the “apex” level
- I cannot add the record to the MAIN zone because it conflicts with an existing record with
subdomain(the NS record)
Any advice on how to handle this?