How to link a NAV element to the section of another page?

Hello everybody, I’m having some trouble with the function of the Nav bar. What I want to do is basically to link a NAV element to a section from another page so that when I click on the Nav element, I will be brought to said section. I tried to follow the tutorial on Webflow Youtube account, by associating an ID to the section and link it inside the Link setting panel. But it seems like it will only work if I link to a section on the same page, and cannot work with a section on a different page. It would be nice if I can receive some help on this.

Here is the read-only link to my website: [https://preview.webflow.com/preview/linh-nguyen-57aea5?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=linh-nguyen-57aea5&preview=62de18dd54e1052a6b34322933a45331&mode=preview]

And here is the Published link to my website: [https://linh-nguyen-57aea5.webflow.io/user-experience-project-telstra-voice-assistant]

Thank in advance.

1 Like

Hello @LucieLuNguyen

I think you will find the solution here > Linking to a specific section on another page - #8

Piter :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help @PeterDimitrov. Unfortunately, I tried to follow the steps from the pages but it is not working, in fact, there is nothing happen at all.
Here is how I put my SectionID in:
And here is how I put the link in:
Hopefully, you can help me out. Thanks

1 Like

@LucieLuNguyen

For the home page you don’t need to do this. Just use the link to section option.

Ou…my bad, you want this tyo work from other pages too

1 Like

@LucieLuNguyen

The other way is to use > linh-nguyen-57aea5.com/home#about

1 Like

@PeterDimitrov
Sorry for asking so many questions. But unfortunately, this is what happens when I try the second solution:

I also tried to change it to my other domain > linhnguyendesign/home#about but then the browser gave me this:

I also tried to change the capitalization of the letter linh-nguyen-57aea5.com/Home#About and linhnguyendesign/Home#About but none of them work.
Again, sorry for so many questions. Hope they don’t bother you too much.

1 Like

Let me check @LucieLuNguyen

Your domain is not loading even without the id

1 Like

Hey @PeterDimitrov,
Sorry for my late reply and thank you for your answer.
It is strange because when I short in down to [linhnguyendesign.com/], everything works fine. But it is not working with [linhnguyendesign.com/Home#About] or even [linhnguyendesign.com/Home]. I cannot wrap my head around the reason why it is not working. The only thing I can think of is maybe the method is outdated? Other than that, I pretty much sure, step by step, everything is supposed to be fine.

1 Like

You don’t need to add home. Your home is your main domain.

@LucieLuNguyen Use just > https://www.linhnguyendesign.com/#About > I’m just supper stupid :smile:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhh I understand now @PeterDimitrov it really works that way.
And that’s alright, if it wasn’t for your help I would have stuck with this for the rest of my life :rofl:
Thank a lot for the help and patience :smile:

1 Like

No problem! Thanks for YOUR patience!

1 Like