How to Embed Google Reviews in Webflow (CMS Collections)

Hey y’all!
So I’m trying to add Google Reviews to my Webflow site.
A little explanation as to what I’m trying to do:
I’m creating a database of different companies in the CMS tool. I would like to show Google reviews of each business that I’m showcasing on the site.

The 3rd party widgets providing this service charge per “business” so it’s way too expensive for the project I’m doing.
But when I try to search on how to add Google Reviews manually on Webflow, all I get on Google search are a bunch of 3rd party apps trying to sell their product.

I’m assuming you need access to Google’s API?

Anyone have any luck with this?
Thank you?

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution? I have a similar project

Most automation platforms like Make, Zapier, etc provide Google Reviews access with a new review as a trigger. This makes it relatively easy to capture the review text, date, rating, and the reviewer photo if you want.

You’d only need one automation account for this, however the challenge in your situation is you’d need to duplicate this automation for each business, though they can all be pushed into the same CMS collection.

IIRC since reviews are public, you do not need special access to the business profiles you’re pulling reviews from.

If you have a LOT of businesses and you want to make the setup of a new business easier, i.e. just popping the correct Google Business ID into the CMS, you might look at building your own solution to poll. detect new reviews, and pull them in. You’d need to develop a custom system for that but it’s probably the easiest way to make this scalable and manageable for a business directory.