How to direct link to a collections page?

Hi, I’m using webflow for a school project and I’m a bit confused. Is it possible to link to collection templates? I tried using my webflow url followed by the collection url but that just causes a 404 error page. Maybe I’m not doing it correctly?

2 Likes

The collection template is where you design how your POSTS pages will look. Posts meaning here a Collection Item. Blog posts for a blog, Author page for an Authors Collection, etc.

So you can’t link to a “template”, but you can link to any direct content of your CMS site (this blog post, that author page).

If what you expect when you link to Custom Application Development Software for Business - Salesforce.com is to have a list of the collection items (a list of blog posts, a list of authors…) then no, it’s not done like this.

To have such a list of collection items, youneed to build it. The Dynamic List widget is made for that.

Create a page, or use the home page. Drag a Dynamic List in it, link it to a collection (ie blog posts), and then add things to one of the list cells. Add at least a link and a title. Link the title to the title of a blog post, and link the link to the item page. Now you have a complete list of your posts. And you can link to this page.

1 Like